Sign in to follow this  
louisstephens

Streamlining "Select Fields" to dynamically output form/handling

So I was tinkering around with the "select fields" field type and added it to a repeater. My thoughts were I could have a user select a field (textarea, text, etc etc) that I defined and give it a name (another field in the repeater) and create their own form on the page. To be honest, I am now a little lost with rendering the form and mailing the results as potentially the form will be unique and custom every time.  The only way I know to handle the output is by going about it this way:

$forms = $page->form_select_fields;
foreach($forms as $form) {
    if($form->name === "form_input") {
        //output input with custom name
    }
    elseif($form->name === "form_textarea") {
        //output input with custom name
    }
}

Is there a better way to go about rendering the elements from the repeater? As far as the custom sending goes, I am really at a loss since it would be pretty dynamic. Has anyone used this type of approach, and if so, how did you handle this without going insane?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lmwt
      Hi forum,
      I have this list of fields with labels and I want to skip the displaying of labels for fields left empty (e.g. if field "logo" is not filled with an image, but it could also be text fields). Using count() and "continue" will always output either nothing or all labels.
      Is there a way to use the "skipLabel" method in the loop?
      foreach ($page->template->fields as $field) { if(!count($page->$field->logo)) {continue;} else { $etikette = $field->getLabel(); //get label in the current user language $content .= " <br><li class='pub-field'>$etikette<br> </li>"; //display labels as li $content .= $page->get($field->name) . "<br>"; // display values as li } } Thanks for your help!
    • By gerritvanaaken
      My client could save some time if she could select multiple pages at once. Of yourse, we are using the standard page selector in multi-tree mode, but she has to select one page after another. Each time she has to open the site tree again and open the required subtree, finding the page she wants to select.
      Would be cool to let the tree open after selecting a page, so she could select multiple pages in one "tree session". Understand what I mean? Anybody any solution to this?
      Alternatively, maybe the site tree could keep its state with all the subtrees open, when you are re-open it again.
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?
    • By Lmwt
      Hello,
      and one more beginner question: I am using the multi-language site profile and having troubles targeting the region I want to populate in my templates due to delayed output. The list is now appearing on top of the nav bar 🙂 and the values of the fields on one line down the title. I want these fields to be displayed in a list underneath the title of the page, and I also would like the name of the field to be displayed as a string in front of the value... I dont know how to do this. Can someone help?
      right now my code looks like this: 
      <?php namespace ProcessWire;?> <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Location?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Pub_country?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Since?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Contact?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Focus?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Members?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Location?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Decision_making?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Financing?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->History?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->images?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->logo?></li> </html> and the screen looks like that:
      Thanks for helping!

• By jom
      Hi everyone
      It seems that I don't fully understand the wireTempPath() function and I need some help.
      I use wireTempPath() to create a new location in assets/cache/WireTempDir and than copy a pdf from the assets/files/page folder to the new folder. I want the file to be accessible only for a limited time, that's why I use wireTempPath.
      The file seems to be copied to the right location, but gets deleted right afterwards, according to 
      As mentioned in the topic above, 
      $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); prevents the file to be deleted. But I like the file to be automatically deleted after a few days. So, how can I do that?
      My code so far (everything works, but the automatic removal of the tempDir folder):
      //generate and show download link $folder = time(); // timestamp as temporary folder $maxAge = (int) $settings->options_downloadlink_valid_hours * 3600; //tempDir wants maxAge as seconds $options = array( 'maxAge' => $maxAge ); $wireTempDir = wireTempDir($folder, $options); $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); $src_file = $page->ebook_download->filename; // Create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir if(wire('files')->mkdir($wireTempDir, $recursive = true)) { if(wire('files')->copy($src_file, $wireTempDir)){ //get subdirs from tempDir: $pos = strpos($wireTempDir, "WireTempDir"); $subdir = substr($wireTempDir, $pos, 100); $out .= "<p><a href='" . wire('pages')->get('template=passthrough')->httpUrl . "?file=" . $subdir . $page->ebook_download->basename . "' target='_blank'>$page->title</a></p>"; } } I appreciate any ideas - thanks!
      Oliver