Sign in to follow this  
louisstephens

Using hanna to output js/php

I have a repeater with a text field where I would like to use hanna code (to make it easier on the user) so the user can define the action of a image that is in the repeater. For example:

1. The image should have an external link:

- the user can just type in the url

2. The image, when clicked, should be printable (using print.js)

- the user can just type [[print_image]]

That works just fine, but I am running into an "issue". The code I need to use to print is:

onclick="printJS({printable: 'path_to_image', type: 'image'});"

I can put that into the hanna code as plain text, but I have no idea how to get the image from the repeater item and pass to "path_to_image". Is this even possible?

25 minutes ago, louisstephens said:

I have a repeater with a text field where I would like to use hanna code (to make it easier on the user) so the user can define the action of a image that is in the repeater. For example:

1. The image should have an external link:

- the user can just type in the url

2. The image, when clicked, should be printable (using print.js)

- the user can just type [[print_image]]

That works just fine, but I am running into an "issue". The code I need to use to print is:

I can put that into the hanna code as plain text, but I have no idea how to get the image from the repeater item and pass to "path_to_image". Is this even possible?

Yes, this should be doable!

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessHannaCode (Check PHP Usage Notes)

If I understand the docs correctly, the $page variable context will be the repeater page where the image field is. 

Thanks elabx. I might need a bit more help here. I currently have [[print_image]]:

But I also need "path_to_image" filled out, but I wasnt sure how to echo the php inside of a hanna code that was set to "text/html". Perhaps I am making this more difficult than it needs to be, but I was trying to work around using if statements in my actual template to check whether the user typed a url vs the shortcode.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum!
      I've yet again stumbled on a head-scratching situation. We have enabled the option on our articles template and events template that it skips the title adding part and goes straight to the form. This is what our customer wants. So when you add a new article or event it automatically names it temporary to "article-0000000" and same with event. Now the problem is that obviously after saving the form we want to change to page url or "name" to the title, like it's normally. 
      Now here's the code for the hook:
      wire()->addHookBefore("Pages::saved(template=tapahtuma|artikkeli)", function($hook) {
        $page = $hook->arguments(0);
        $newUrl = wire()->sanitizer->pageName($page->title); // give it a name used in the url for the page
        wire()->log->message($page->name);
        $page->setAndSave('name', $newUrl);
      });
      I get the correct page and the name and path changes when I log them, but when I try to save it. It just loads and then I get: 
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) This happens in sanitizer.php
      and then another error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

What is happening? Am I not suppose to use sanitizer in this way? When we made a temporary page object in out other hook, the sanitizer worked perfectly.
      Thanks for the help!
    • By NorbertH
      As we are building some webapplications with the PW backend , having those really big spacings between all field elements in forms and everywhere is not too practical. 
      UI Kit already has less spacings between all elements than Bootstrap for example , but i am looking fore a more condensed BE Theme.  Maybe someone already made something like that?
    • By louisstephens
      So I reread my first draft, and it made absolutely no sense (I deleted it to hopefully better explain myself).  I am trying to make a system (that to me is a bit complicated) utilizing jquery and processwire together. My whole goal is to put a url like https://domain.com/launch?first_name=jim&occupation=builder in a script tag on another site(just a localhost .php page) to then pull out the data for that person and append to divs etc. Basically, the initial script tag would point to "launch" which has a content-type of "application/javascript". Using jquery, I would pull out the persons name and occupation and then make a specific ajax get request to "domain.com/api" (in json format) for a look up of the person. Essentially then I could pull that particular person's information from the json data, and do with it how I please in the "launch" page.  In processwire, I have a page structure like:
      People -Jim Bob (template: person ) --Occupations (template: basic-page) ---Builder (template: occupation) ---Greeter (template: occupation) It is really just a bunch of people with their occupations and a few fields to the occupation template. With the "api" (template: api) url, I was hoping to return all the data (of people) in json format like:
      Example Format:
      { "id": 1, "title": "Jim Bob", "occupations": { "builder": { "id": 44, "title": "Builder", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, "Greeter": { "id": 44, "title": "Greeter", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, } } Where I get lost is really outputting the page names and nesting in the occupations into json. I have used Pages2JSON before, but I was a bit lost on how to implement what i was thinking.

I have access to all the local host files, but I was hoping to kind of build out a "system" where I could place the script tag/parameters in any project, and be able to interact with the data without doing an ajax call on the actual site. In a way, this would keep processwire handling all the data and requests, and my other "projects" just with a simple script tag. This might all be way too much/over complicated, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to achieve it. 
    • By VeiJari
      Hello, our customer doesn't like the fact that they have to first add a title and then add the other info in the form. Therefore, we've enabled the way to skip this by making a temporary file before saving.
      But the problem is that by using module schedulepages in this piece of code in the module:  
      if (!$page->isNew() && $page->publishable() && $page->isChanged('status') && $page->is(Page::statusUnpublished) && $page->publish_from) {
                  $this->session->error($this->_("“Publish From Date” field was cleared to prevent the page from being unintentionally re-published on the next Lazy Cron run."));
                  $page->publish_from = null;
                  $page->save('publish_from');
              }
      it fires even with the temporary file and therefore after first save it resets the publish_from field. Is there a way to check if template is temporary, or something along those lines?
      One solution is just to ask the customer to first save the form after adding a title, but I don't see that as a good solution.
    • By pwFoo
      How to enable urlSegments runtime instead of persistent in template settings? And where to be loaded before the current page returns a 404 error?
      https://processwire.com/docs/front-end/how-to-use-url-segments/#how-do-you-enable-url-segments