Shailaja

Deleted Subdomain is Resulting to Default Error Page

I have a subdomain. Now i dont to use that subdoamin so i have deleted but if I open the subdomain it is redirecting to 404 page.

Thank you in advance.

2018-04-26 16_19_05-.png

Hey, @Shailaja! Welcome here!

Glad you are here with us! But... I do not see any question in you post))))

I guess you do not want to see anything when you reach your subdomain. It might be only possible if you edit your domain zone so the subdomain will not point to your hosting provider at all.

Anyway, Hostgator's support would help you much quicker))

• Like 1

Thank you for your response Gretsky,

I have one more issue. Where can I find my deleted subdomain file in cPanel? I have seen in the trash as well.

This doesn't make any sense. If you deleted it, it's gone. So why do you miss it?

If you had files in that subdomain, you should have moved them to somewhere else first.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Entice
      Hi.
      I'm trying to figure out what might be the best approach when using PW for your CMS, but needing access custom tables. I know you can query your custom tables, so that's not my question here. What I'm trying to figure out is if I should separate an application from PW.
      Out of the box, the application I will be using has its' own tables and the app is built towards using those tables, so I don't want to rewrite the app to use PW, seems too much work.

I do however want to use PW for the CMS and frontend where my users can add/update rows in those custom tables. Now the app itself can be connected from various devices on a handful of ports, so I'm expecting a high volume of requests to the app to a point where I'm seriously considering a dedicated server for this project.
      Would it be beneficial to create a whole subdomain just for the app and use PW to query the db? Or should I keep the 2 in the same db? Pros/Cons would be great here.
      Thanks!
    • By John W.
      Summary: If I have a site sitting on a server called testing.com, then on the server change it to mycompany.com, do I have to modify any settings in ProcessWire?
      After building several processwire for clients, the one question that I haven't had is about moving a processwire site from an old (temporary) domain to a new domain.
      For instance, I typically setup development sites for clients and register a temporary domain (and lock with a password). For instance, thee client can go test.com and get all their content finalized, change wording, add news, swap out photos -- everything to make the site production read.  
      Next, on my hosting account I can have testing.com renamed to theircompany.com - and change the nameservers.
      A simple question here. If I have a hosting company rename the account from testing.com to theircompany.com, change my nameservers whereas going to theircompany.com loads the production site, Is there anything I need to change in the processwire configuration or in the PW database?
      In the past, I've just manually copied the site, and fresh-installed PW, and imported the data. Seems like a lot of hassle.
      I have a second part question about updating the PW core, however, after consideration I'll post it as a new topic.
    • By Dennis Spohr
      Hi all,
      I have problems to keep my session on different subdomains (including www).
      I've set the following config:
      $config->sessionCookieDomain = '.mydomain.net'; $config->sessionCookieSecure = false; But it doesn't work, I always loose the session when I switch between www.mydomain.net and example.mydomain.net.
      Could it be because both of them have a different SSL-Certificate? (https)
      Thanks for any help!
      Dennis
    • By r2d2
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm trying to figure out how to forward all subdomains to a single domain.
      For example, if the user goes to ...
      http://sharespost.com).
      I saw some similar posts about this but nothing concrete.
      Anyone have any thoughts? Any help is appreciated. 
      Thanks.
    • By Marco Angeli
      Hi there,
      I installed PW here: new.mydomain.com
      Then I'll switch to www.mydomain.com
      I think all I have to do is copy all the files from "new" to root, isn't it?
      (I mean: there's no need to transfer DB, right?)