Role conflict in repeater-field

nasenfloete

Hey awesome PW-Community,

I've some strange behaviour in my latest project and I don't know how to get on top of it:

I added a repeater field to the User-template. In my project I create a new user than assign items to the repeater.  This works perfect, if the new user has the role "superuser" but if I create a new role (even if assign that role all permissions possible), I can't add items to the repeater via the api.

I even checked the permissions of the repeater and assigned all permissions to the newly created role. There are also no error logs, even though it seems like the creation of a new repeater element fails.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome @nasenfloete :)

Maybe you can post the API code you are using the add the repeater items so others can see if they can reproduce the problem. I don't see why the role or permissions of the user should have any influence on adding repeater items to the user page via the API.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having this problem too, and I think that it is due to the fact that Repeaters are technically Templates and Pages of their own. I don't think the current permission schema handles this very well. I am looking into the problem as we speak, and the only way I have been able to get it to work is by duplicating the User Template, and giving a role page-edit permissions. This results in unwanted side-effects of that user being able to see the entire page tree in the admin templates so I am not sure exactly how to solve this right now.