ren

Support contract

Hi folks,

My department is planning to move up to five of our employer's websites in-house and onto ProcessWire from a CMS which has not seen much development in the last few years. They're B2B magazine websites and we feel that ProcessWire would be a great fit. But there are concerns over support. I'm the only server side programmer, so what would happen were I to leave or be hit by the proverbial bus? :lol:

So we're looking for some kind of insurance. Thinking along the lines of a support contract, covering maybe 2 hours of support time per month. With a commitment to become more involved should the need arise, so providing more support if needed to someone who takes over my role, or in the 'bus' type emergency, be willing to take over full support duties for a limited period of time.

The 2 or so hours would be used for providing advice if I were to really get stuck. But I'm happy using the forums for help, and I've built a prototype of one of the sites without huge difficulty (go ProcessWire!), so under normal circumstances they probably won't be used.

The five sites are all quite large (the prototype site has 40 templates and 95 fields), consisting of news sections, a jobs section, a business directory, reader polls and social media integration. Some of the sites allow membership for the business directory, so companies can login and manage their listing and upload press releases, via a custom dashboard (implemented as a Process module).

All code will be commented and held in a git repo.

We're located in the UK. Email support would be sufficient I think.

If you're interested, please PM me with a rough estimate of costs for:

• The ~ 2 hours per month standard support.
  • Full 'emergency' support of all 5 websites.
  • Any one-off setup costs.

And/or suggest an alternative pricing structure / proposal.

Again at this stage we're just looking for a rough idea of costs and who would be available, so ballpark figures would be fine :-)

If you could also provide a link to your website please.

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

• Like 2

Hi Ren,

I have gone through your requirement. Could you please share your email id to me personally so that i can share you the time and cost estimate over it.

We can also touch base over email ( victor.cisin10@gmail.com ) or Skype: cis.victor1.

Thanks,

Victor

Clarification: by 'setup costs' I mean any initial costs associated with getting to grips with things, i.e. the codebase, server and deployment strategy etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soma
      LogMaintenance
      A simple ProcessWire module to give some maintenance control over log files. I found myself often having lots of log files for different things that can grow more or less quickly to a size where they can be difficult to maintain. The built in Logger of PW does a good job of giving you the possibility to delete or prune logs. But it has to be done manually and sometimes a log grows into millions of lines, which makes it often impossible to even prune it as it's too large.
      LogMaintenance uses LazyCron to run the maintenance task and there's several settings you can setup on a global or per log basis.
      Archive: will create zip files for each log file in logs/archive/ folder and add the log each time the maintenance is run to a subfolder containing the datetime.
      Lines: keeps logs to a certain number of lines 
      Days: keeps the log to a certain number of days
      Bytes: keeps the log to a certain amount of bytes
      Each setting is checked from top down, the first setting to contain something is used. So if you check the "Archive" option, all other settings are ignored and logs are archived everytime the LazyCron is executed. If you want to keep your logs to a certain amount of bytes just leave all other settings to 0 or blank.
      Per Log Settings
      There's a textarea that you can use to setup a config for a specific log file one per line. All the logs you define here ignore the global settings above. The syntax for the settings is:
      logname:[archive]:[lines]:[days]:[bytes] 
      errors:1:0:0:0 // would archive the errors log messages:0:10000:0:0 // will prune the errors log to 10000 lines  
      The module can be found on github for you to check out. It's still fresh and I'm currently testing.
      https://github.com/somatonic/LogMaintenance
    • By cst989
      I have a file I want to access with ajax:
      The purpose of this file is to iterate through a repeater, and get the image from each entry.
      The number of images in the image field is set to 1, and just for good measure, to return a single image.
      And my code:
      // site/ajax/processImage.ajax.php?group=1206 require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/index.php'); $resourceGroup = (int) $_REQUEST['group']; // get the Repeater field $resources = $pages->get($resourceGroup)->resources; foreach ($resources as $resource) { echo $resource->title; // Works as expected echo $resource->image->url; // /site/assets/files/1259/ echo $resource->image; // filename.jpg echo $resource->image->description; // nothing } See comments above for what is output, why isn't URL giving me a full URL, and no description is available?
      If I try to access $image->size() I get the following fatal error:
      Error: Uncaught exception 'ProcessWire\WireException' with message 'Method Pageimages::size does not exist or is not callable in this context' in F:\sites\<sitename>\wire\core\Wire.php:519

• By flashmaster
      Hi im new to this forum and i need some help with a booking system that i have trying to implement under Processwire. I hope that i can explain as much as i can what my problem is.
      Here is the orginal script https://github.com/olejon/phpmyreservation
      I downloaded the script and got some help to fix it because it was all messed up. I have attached a file "ReservationSystem.rar" and it should work out of the box. Also attached the database file "Phpmyreservation.sql".
      The thing is the script works great as it is now but when i install a blank version of processwire and import the script to the template folder it wont work. I have tried many things but cant get it to work just error after error etc. Please ask me if you need some more information about this. I know you are the experts so thats why im asking you.
      ReservationSystem.rar
      phpmyreservation.sql
    • By ROLAND_JUNO
      Thanks everyone who responded, Dragan helped me out and got me up and running.

Thanks
      Cam

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      I red that in processwire is simple set "Site in maintenance", but I don't remember how...