Page referencefield - custom PHP code not working in repeater

on a fresh 3.0.62 install I have a page reference field 'mypages' with these settings for selectable pages:

In my site/ready.php I have this hook:

* custom page select
wire()->addHookAfter('InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages', function($event) {

if($event->object->name != 'mypages') return;
  $pages = new PageArray();
  $ids = $pages->explode('id');
  $event->return = $event->pages->getById($ids);

On a normal page, the hook is working and the mypages field has only 'Home' in the select dropdown .

But when I put the mypages field inside a repeater, it is not working.

I have this problem on a project that is in development right now and have spent quite some time to try and find the reason. Then I made a fresh PW install to verify the behavior.
No matter if repeater dynamic loading is on or off, the page reference field always returns the  set of pages defined by the settings in the page reference field. The hook is ignored.

Can anyone please verify this and let me know so I can file a bug report. Also if you have an idea how to fix this, I would be happy.

@Robin S thank you! I didn't find this in my search. Great that it is being taken care of :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ivineets
      Whenever I try to create a repeater field on my website, I get following error:
      General error: 3161 Storage engine MyISAM is disabled (Table creation is disallowed).
      If I still continue, it creates the field but doesn't allow storing any kind of data. How do I resolve this?  Is there any alternative to repeatable content that I can use?
      Thanks for your time.
    • By ethanbeyer
      I recently posted in this topic, but I decided to start my own thread because while I believe my issue is related to the one in that thread, they are not exactly the same:
      I have created a custom User Template in the method outlined in the docs. I am creating a directory, so it made sense that every page in the directory was a Directory Member, so they could log in and edit their own information while also keeping the entire directory protected behind a login wall.
      So the new user type is created: "directory-member".
      I then created two new roles: "member" and "directory-admin":
      The "member" only has the ability to View directory-member pages, and "profile-edit", which allows them to manage their own information. The "directory-admin" has the ability to edit any directory-member pages, and administer users. Some Directory Members are both, but all have at least the "member" role.
      The first hint that something was wrong was when I was testing a "member" user and I could not add a new item to a repeater on that profile. The url for the profile edit (this will be important shortly) is The repeater is set up to load new items through AJAX. If this option is turned off, the rest of this issue is no longer completely valid. But as I have found what I believe to be a pretty large issue in the Processwire codebase, I thought it worth bringing up.
      See, every page (even a user) has a $page->editUrl() method, and it returns a URL like this: That's all good and fine for users that have page-edit permissions, but if they don't, that link will resolve to the admin's equivalent of a 404.
      So the way that Processwire currently gets around this is by creating a specific editing area for a user to interact with only their profile: /admin/profile. And that works pretty nicely, except for the fact that nowhere is editUrl() ever made aware of the difference. editUrl() is not hookable, and whether or not a page is editable is based on the PagePermissions module.
      On top of that, there are several core modules that hardcode a search-and-replace (see InputfieldRepeater.module:627) where the editing screen is for Users. This doesn't allow for a huge degree of flexibility that is offered in other places throughout Processwire. If line 627 of InputfieldRepeater is changed from this:
      $editorUrl = str_replace('/access/users/edit/', '/page/edit/', $editorUrl); to this:
      $editorUrl = str_replace('/access/users/edit/', '/profile/', $editorUrl); ...the AJAX repeaters work. It's maddening!
      As is brought up in the thread I attached above, a lot of the features of page editing are missing within /admin/profile/, and it just makes for an altogether strange editing experience. A user who has "page-edit" permissions for templates other than directory-member, but does have "profile-edit" permissions, will see their user in the Page List, but cannot edit their Page unless they hover over the wrench and click the "Profile" link. It just seems - off.
      I think what this hinges on for me is that the editUrl() of the user should be "/admin/profile/" if that user is logged in (and their page should be editable from the Page List), or the "/admin/access/users/edit/" url; regardless of the URL, both links should resolve to the Page Edit screen, as the Profile Edit screen seems to be a unnecessarily neutered version of Page Edit.
    • By cst989
      I have a file I want to access with ajax:
      The purpose of this file is to iterate through a repeater, and get the image from each entry.
      The number of images in the image field is set to 1, and just for good measure, to return a single image.
      And my code:
      // site/ajax/processImage.ajax.php?group=1206 require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/index.php'); $resourceGroup = (int) $_REQUEST['group']; // get the Repeater field $resources = $pages->get($resourceGroup)->resources; foreach ($resources as $resource) { echo $resource->title; // Works as expected echo $resource->image->url; // /site/assets/files/1259/ echo $resource->image; // filename.jpg echo $resource->image->description; // nothing } See comments above for what is output, why isn't URL giving me a full URL, and no description is available?
      If I try to access $image->size() I get the following fatal error:
      Error: Uncaught exception 'ProcessWire\WireException' with message 'Method Pageimages::size does not exist or is not callable in this context' in F:\sites\<sitename>\wire\core\Wire.php:519
    • By MilenKo
      Hello all.
      A few days ago I decided to redo my first PW theme (knowledge sharing one) trying to apply some more elegant logic and most important - to learn to filter page results by a Page reference field with some values. So far it is all going well except the fact that I am now at a stage to add some page parameters and am a bit stuck as to how to filter them.
      Here is an example of the structure planned to use:
      !-- Articles (template = articles.php)
      !---- Article 1 (template = articles-inner.php)
      !---- Article 2 ..
      !---- Article 3 ..
      !-- Categories (no template file)
      !---- Category1 (same template as  parent)
      !---- Category2 ..
      !---- Category3 ..
      !-- OS (no template file)
      !---- Windows (same template as parent)
      !---- Linux
      !---- MacOS
      So far the home page and articles-inner pages are fully working. I need to show in the sidebar two blocks; Categories, OS where clicking on one would show only the posts containing the PageReference field value. To list the categories and OS in the block won't be a problem as I would just need to query the parent and list all the children (if any) with the proper markup. However, how to have the Categories and OS blocks link only to the specific posts that is the issue. In my previous version of the knowledge profile, I had the "categories" listed as a parent and the posts matching the category were just children of it. But now my goal is to learn how to add different parameters using Page Reference and have a way to show the results per the specific value.
      How would you organize a similar structure and what approach to take to have a simple and elegant solution?
      Or, if you know of a PW profile that I could dissect and learn the filtering mechanism of Page Reference etc. it would be even better. I am presently looking at the Ghost profile however Wire-approach is still not very much clear to me, unfortunately.
    • By activestate
      I'm having problems with seatching for a value in repeater.
      One of pages have attached repeater called 'insight_repeater'.
      This repeater has h1_tag (text field) and i'm trying to search for repeater items that contains 'lor' phrase.

And right now i'm trying to do simple search, looking for phrase 'lor'. I've tried many approaches, but nothins seems to work, so i want to ask what i'm doing wrong here:

<?php $query = $page->get("insight_repeater")->find('h1_tag~=Lor'); ?>

Thanks for help.