clsource

ProcessWire's Image Field Markdown Code Additional Fields

12 minutes ago, szabesz said:

Thanks for sharing @clsource! Seems to be a popular topic these days. Have you seen this one?

Yep, It's super cool that module.
You can use both :D

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EyeDentify
      I as have been a bit confused for some time about how the "Markup Regions" functionality in Processwire worked.
      But i have know read a bit more and think that i am getting to grips with it. And Markup Regions is going to be huge.

To aid me in understanding Markup Regions better i started to read the Source code for the new "Regular" theme in conjunction with the Blog about the markup regions.
      It helped me a great deal to understand the basics and more fine details of it.

A tip is to open both links and use the Source code of the "Regular" theme while reading the blog post.

The Source code:
      https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/dev/site-regular/templates/_main.php
      The Blog post:
      https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.62-and-more-on-markup-regions/

I hope this could help others starting out with markup regions.
      Just take it slow and read it a couple a times and soon you will see the greatness of markup regions.

/EyeDentify 
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello Fellow PW Fans and Gurus.

I have run into a problem where i have created a template without a template file associated with it.
      Now i would like to HAVE a template file associated with it, not an alternate but as the main template file.

So i thought, that's easy, I upload the template file and change it in template settings but I only get the Alternate template file setting?

Ok so maybe i can change it via the API , so i wrote some code for this.
      <?PHP function changeTemplate($pages = null, $templates = null) { /* get the pages to change template on */ $logItems = $pages->findMany('template=tmp_log_item'); /* get the template object for our desired template */ $Template = $templates->get('tmp_new_log_item'); foreach($logItems AS $key => $logData) { /* use template object $Template to set template */ $logData->template = $Template; /* save page item */ $logData->save(); } } /* do the magic change */ changeTemplate(); ?> Needless to say, PW was not happy about this, It throw up an error message:
      Error: Exception: Invalid value sent to Page::setTemplate (in /home/virtual/mydomain/public_html/wire/core/Page.php line 1782)
      Now from what i understand i gave $logData->template the wrong type of value.
      So what should the value be to correct this?
      When I read the docs at: https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/
      the value can be "string" or "Template".

So i gave it a string and it went haywire.

How should I approach this cause I realy dont want to manually change template file on över 50 plus pages

Maybe I should use the Template class to create the value that the API wanted, but I am unsure how to use it.

Thank you for any info you can give me on this.

If you want more info to help me, ask and I will try my best to give it to you.
      Updated and Solved
      I solved the problem and have updated the code to reflect this.

Essentialy i used the get() method of $templates to get the template object for my template i wanted to use using the template name.
      I gave the Object to the $logData->template property and all went well.
      We learn something new every day.
      One Note:
      The template file you want to use must have been uploaded and added as a template in the Template section in the Admin for this code to work as expected.
    • By LMD
      I'm wondering if it is possible to add a label to the description input in image fields (in the admin).
      I'm using the module Image Extra, which has labels for each input, but I'd like to add a label to the default 'description' input too. The image below illustrates this:

If there is no way (no hook?) then, I suppose I could just not use the default description and add a new description input with the Image Extra module.  But I thought I'd ask in case I (or others) ever want to do this without using the module (i.e. just the one input required).
      I'm using PW 3.0.98
      Thanks.
      ---
      FYI: yes, that is a cat and not a quilt -- this is on my local dev server and I don't have the actual photos yet! She is on a quilt, so it counts... technically.

• By Mustafa-Online
      MBR international is Sudanese mining company. The company aims to maximize shareholder value by through
      exploration and Production of precious metal and industrial mineral, MBR international mining subsidiary was established in 2015, engaged in Industrial Minerals and Metals mining and related activities including explorations, extraction and processing. 

• By modifiedcontent
      Is there a way to change the input options for the images field?
      I am trying to figure out if it would make sense to use an external script like Zenphoto as a central media library/manager. How could I connect that with Processwire?
      'Choose File' in the images field would have to be able to open that 3rd party media library or a directory on the server or some cloud service instead of (only) the client file manager.
      Could justb3a's field type module Image Extra be part of the solution? I will try that and report back. Other field types/modules?
      I know there is a pro module Media Manager that does look very slick, but would prefer to make this work with a mature, tested 3rd party script if a central media gallery is never going to be a core Processwire feature.