Cody Connor

svg Images won't load

I am currently working on a website in process wire.  I created an image field and added svg as a valid file extension and could upload a png image and a jpg image but when I try to upload a svg image it is stuck loading at 100%.  I figured out that the image field does not take the extension svg even if I add it as an extension. and I was wondering if their is any way to upload a svg image to an image field in processwire?

I am working with processwire version 3.0.61

loadingimage.PNG

Welcome @Cody Connor,

SVG upload into an image field should work fine, I did it several times. Could it may be your SVG, that you try to upload, that is causing a problem? Could you try this SVG out for example?

SVG_logo.svg

Also you could take at look at your developer tools console while uploading if it throws any script error.

Regards, Andreas

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Markus Breitinger
      I want to use Particle.js as background of my page. What modules do i need and where must i put the code?
      The usage of particle.js in plain HTML is in the attached files.
      index.css
      index.html
    • By rst
      I am having problems uploading svg images in the the latest pw 3.0.98. It shows the preview and has the spinner on top of it, and just gets stuck on that.
      Worked fine in the previous version of PW
    • By Noel Boss
      Hi, I'm stuck since hours and don't know what to do. Here is my Problem:
      I try to generate Previews of PDF using imagick. I have 4 PDF, I generate a preview of the first page of the pdf, save it to a temporary file and want to import it using the api into an image field. It works for the later 3 pdf but not the first. I add it to the image field and save it. Inside the function that saves it, the image is stored in 'data' as well as in 'itemsAdded' but as soon as i leave the function, its nowhere to be found.
      Process:
      1. create previewimage using imagick and create Pageimage > works
      2. add image to filed 'filepreviews', returns Pageimages array with image added > okay
      3. save page > returns true
      4. Outside renderPreview method, image is not anymore in 'filepreviews'
      // mymodule // … // foreach($files as $file){ $preview = wire('page')->filepreviews->get('name*='.$file->basename(false)); // if there is no preview image… if (!$preview instanceof Pageimage) { $this->renderPreview($file) // we create one using $this->renderPreview > should return true on successful save dump(wire('page')->filepreviews); // my Image is nowhere to be found $preview = wire('page')->filepreviews->get('name*='.$file->basename(false)); } // end for each // render a preview of an otherwhise not supported file format // return true if sucessfull save private function renderPreview($file) { $page = wire('page'); // get path to temporary image $tempFile = $path.$file->basename(false).'-preview.jpg'; // … some imagick code // … and save it: $imagick->writeImage($tempFile); $img = new Pageimage($page->filepreviews, $tempFile); $img->description = $file->basename(false); // destroy temp image unlink($tempFile); // this is my Pageimage, all good… dump($img); // save image, my Pageimage can be found in data and itemsAdded – all good dump($page->filepreviews->add($img)); $page->of(false); $success = $page->save(); // sucess = true dump($success); return $success; }

Second question:
      Would there a generally better approach? Like using pageFiles somehow. Goal is to be able to use the image api like scale etc – I don't generally need the images to be stored in an image field.

• By rareyush
      I added a field type 'page reference' using checkboxes knows as services.
      now i want to display the pages according to service.
      I can display all services list but when i click on any services then I can see whole code of site 

any idea where i am wrong
      ?
      main cate1 subcate1 subcate2 cate2 subcate1 subcate2 services first-service second services  

these services is being used as a page reference  in subcate1, subcate2 templates.

and in the navbar when i click on services and then when i click on any of the following service then i can see whole source code of my site.