Hi,

I'm sure this is maybe in the works already, given that findMany() is a recent addition to the API, but having this (and the other new find options) available to $users would be a great addition.

Cheers,

Chris

NB Communication

$my_users = $pages->findMany("template=user"); // add whatever extra conditions to the selector

Does this not work?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mcwhitey
      Hi,
      How can I display, on every page of my site, what roles can view that pages template, based on what is checked in settings>templates>template-name>ACCESS TAB?
      I've only gotten as far as displaying the name of the current template: echo $page->template->get('name'); But I'm stuck here. Tried things like $page->template->get('permissions'); but I guess it's a bit more complicated than that.
      Hope someone van point me in the right direction.
      Cheers.
    • By celfred
      Hello to all,
      This time, I'm stuck on an issue with a 'find' request. I have found a turnaround, but I have no idea what's going on, really, and I wish I could understand. My code is the following :

$nbEl = $player->places->count(); $items = $pages->find("template=place|item|equipment, GC<=$player->GC, level<=$player->level, freeActs<=$nbEl")->sort("template, name");
      If I explain briefly : the $items should contain the possible elements for a player according to his level and GC (gold coins), and freeActs, i.e. the number of already 'bought' places.
      If the 1st line $nbEl returns a number higher than 0, it 'works', I get some items. BUT if the player has not bought any place yet and then $nbEl = 0, $items is... empty whereas it should contain all elements being accessible with a 0 'freeAct' field (and there are many).
      I have tried to hard-code 'freeActs<=0', I get no items. 'freeActs<=1', I get some nice results' AND THEN, 'freeActs=0' and it works as expected
      So here's my 'workaround' :

$nbEl = $player->places->count()+1; $items = $pages->find("template=place|item|equipment, GC<=$player->GC, level<=$player->level, freeActs<$nbEl")->sort("template, name");
      Note the 'freeActs<$nbEl' instead of 'freeActs<=$nbEl' and the '+1' for $nbEl so not to start at 0... Then, it works as expected !?!?
      Does someone have an explanation for this ?
      Thanks in advance if you do. And don't hesitate asking me for more details/explanations if you need.
    • By louisstephens
      I have been looking up everything I can to try to find what's going wrong with this. I have a very simple form (title and file field set to multiple) that will create a new page with the name and attachments. However, it appears that I am missing something crucial as only 1 item gets uploaded to the field. Here is my code:
      <?php $uploadpage = new Page(); $uploadpage->template = "dashboard"; $uploadpage->parent = $pages->get("/testing/"); $uploadpage->title = $sanitizer->text($input->post->new_title); $uploadpage->save(); $uploadpage->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('test_upload'); $u->setMaxFiles(6); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($uploadpage->test_upload->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $uploadpage->test_upload->add($filename); } $uploadpage->save(); ?> I have the max files set to 6, and have a foreach loop to add the files, but it is only uploading one. Does anyone see where I might have gone astray?
    • By SwimToWin
      In my world, Super Users / Editors should only be able to work with Pages and administer users.
      Everything else is the domain of the web master. The purpose is to prevent technically inexperienced editors from destroying core elements of a site, such as fields and templates.
      That leaves me with the question, how to deny Super Users access to Setup, Modules and Roles / Permissions?
      PS: May I also suggest that it shall be possible to set Permission for each of the main menu items - including their sub-menu items.