nbcommunication

findMany for $users

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm sure this is maybe in the works already, given that findMany() is a recent addition to the API, but having this (and the other new find options) available to $users would be a great addition.

Cheers,

Chris

NB Communication

$my_users = $pages->findMany("template=user"); // add whatever extra conditions to the selector

Does this not work?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bmacnaughton
      I have a hook that creates a page for a subset of the pages on our site. It uses the saved page's name as part of the created page's name.
      The problem I am having is that my hook, attached to Pages::saved(), is being called even when the page save failed because of missing fields. Is there a way I can tell that the page save failed due to missing fields?

Never mind - it does succeed; it just issues warnings about required fields.

• By Brian Scramlin
      Hey!
      Quick question, 
      Should I limit how many find() methods I use on a single page? Is it fairly resource-intensive?
      I am getting consistent 
      2006 MySQL server has gone away errors and have followed all the suggestions I can find, but wonder if I am just "overloading" my server resources with database requests or something like that?
      Thank you!
    • By Harmen
      Hi folks,

On the website I am working on I do have a form which needs to be filled in (duh) and when the user clicks on download, the data is send with ajax and processed in the same file by using the ProcessWire API with $config->ajax;
      The data which is provided by the user will be checked with data in my database. If the data is correct I want to push a file download. But this is not working at the moment. It seems like the content of the (.exe) file is pasted in the console instead of pushing the file. My code looks like this:
      if ($config->ajax){ $serial = $input->post('serial'); $DB = DB(); $query = $DB->prepare("/*My query here*/"); $query->bindParam("comparision", $serial, PDO::PARAM_STR); $query->execute(); $reply = ''; $SN_rows = $query->rowCount(); if (!$SN_rows > 0) { $reply = 'error'; } else { $reply = 'success'; $installer = $page->attachments->eq(1); $filename = "Filename"; $filepath = $installer->filename; $options = array( 'forceDownload' => true, 'exit' => true, 'downloadFilename' => $filename ); wireSendFile($filepath, $options); } echo $reply; exit(); } What am I doing wrong here or is it a bug? Is there another way to do this with the processwire API?

Thanks in advance,

~Harmen
    • By Kiwi Chris
      I'd really like Processwire to have a robust page based permissions system rather than just template based out of the box.
      If the page tree is compared to a file system, it would be nice to be able to set owner (user), group (role) and public permissions on a page and have this propagate to sub-pages unless explicitly over-ridden.
      With a large site, it's quite possible to have multiple sections that use the same templates, but where editing needs to be assigned to different people, for different parts of a site.

I've seen some proofs of concept that have never been updated or maintained, so I'm sure it can be done, but this is a bit of a show-stopper for me with an otherwise excellent CMS.
      I might be able to have a go at something myself, but since this is security related, and I haven't had a go at module development before, it would be really handy to have something robust that just works.
    • By thmsnhl
      Hi everyone,
      I've recently hired at a new company and here I am evaluating the abilities of ProcessWire for our projects.
      I was able to meet almost every requirement so far, but there is one point I couldn't find an adequate solution for: outputting data to json.
      I am aware of modules like https://modules.processwire.com/modules/pages2-json/ (which does not seem to work for me) but I thought with a function like wireEncodeJSON this should be much cleaner. What I would like to achieve is outputting pages with according field values into an array to use this within javascript.
      My first attempt on this was:
      $jsontestOne = $pages->find(1001)->children(); echo wireEncodeJSON($jsontestOne); which outputs 
      [{}] and afterwards I tried that one:
      $jsontest = $pages->find("template=basic-page")->getArray(); echo wireEncodeJSON($jsontest); which outputs 
      [{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},{},...] Maybe you can point out where my mistake is.

Thanks in advance!