holmescreek

How can I move ckeditor styles.js to another site folder?

3 posts in this topic

This question has probably been beaten to death - think I'm approaching this wrong. 

Anyway, I've got a textarea input field that uses ckeditor.

Under the fields Input section I managed to add my custom style sheet in the 'Custom Editor CSS File (regular mode) section for instance:

/site/templates/css/ckeditor.css

This seems to work fine.

What I'm trying to do now is add a custom style to the ckeditor styles menu, for instance, called .green_button

(p.s. in the ckeditor styles.js I added this to the inline section : { name: 'Green Button', element: 'a', attributes: { 'class': 'button' } },

Ok, onto the problem...

I notice that PW, by default, is using  /wire/modules/inputfield/inputfieldCKEditor/ckeditor-4.5.10/styles.js

So, I copied this into /site/templates/js/mystyles.js

Next, I added the above to the 'Custom Editor JS Styles Set' field, however, it doesn't seem to load myckeditorstyles.js -- rather continues to load the one from the /wire/modules... folder.

I cleared all history and caching in Safari (also tried Chrome, etc).

I'm wondering if there is something else I need to do to have PW load my /site/templates/js/myckeditorstyles.js instead of the one in /wire/modules.../ckeditor-4.5.10/styles.js ?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 4.26.41 PM.png

Edited by holmescreek
wrong filename in topic title

you have to follow the format:

mystyles: /site/modules/etc..

you only have the path; also make sure to change the name of the styleset to add, so it doesn't conflict with the core.

2 people like this

On 4/20/2017 at 8:57 PM, Macrura said:

you have to follow the format:

mystyles: /site/modules/etc..

you only have the path; also make sure to change the name of the styleset to add, so it doesn't conflict with the core.

Thanks, that fixed it.  There was a space between mystyles: and /site/modules/ ... the the correct syntax mystyles:/site/... and not mystyles :/site/...

A note for other readers, the Styles drop-down wasn't displaying anything after the change quoted above. However changing the style name in the mystyles.js file 

CKEDITOR.stylesSet.add( 'default', [

to:

CKEDITOR.stylesSet.add( 'mystyles', [

fixed the issue of the styles list being empty.

@Macrura - thanks!

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By encho
      I have few issues with CKEditor customisation. PW 3.0.68 here.
      First, I wish to have custom styles in the bar and I have followed the instructions here. However, my styles still do not appear. Is there a field that needs to be enabled as well and where?
      Second, when inserting images with pwimage plugin there are style names that I wish to change, for example align_left to uk-align-left. I have copied plugin from wire folder to site, as instructed in 'plugins' section of field input properties. I have changed the styles, but now when aligning image none of the styles are there (not even the original). When I look at the source code, there is no 'class' attribute, although it still respects 'alt' attribute that can be changed via plugin.
      Any help appreciated.
    • By Claus
      How do I go about adding custom markup to my Body-fields? I want to add some spans, but they are all removed if I add them in the ‘Source’ window.  I can see that the Body-field is edited by CDEditor, but how do I add a custom ‘mystyles.js’ to it? (If that indeed is what I need to do). The guides I have have found on this seem outdated.
    • By louisstephens
      I wasn't quite sure where to post this, as this is a question regarding the module (sorry if it is in the wrong place). I was wondering if anyone has used the Email to Page module and figured out a way to "move" incoming css to another field, or how to render the css so the message just renders utilizing the css. 
      Right now all of the message contents get dropped into a textarea field and display in a template as a jumbled mess. Perhaps I am missing a formatting option in the text area field to render the css and html.
    • By zlitrox
      Hi!
      I'm relatively new to the world of Processwire, but so far I'm really impressed by this CMS and its ease, power and speed.
      I've been looking at the different field types and also existing CKEditor modules (pwimage and pwlink).
      Here's what i want to achieve:
      I would like to use or create a own module which allows my admin users to upload pdf files inline in a CKEditor field (page content) the same way images are handled. It should be possible to upload a pdf file and specify its name and from the file uploaded and name i want to show an icon or image inline in editor and the output for that upload should be customized based on the module. Lets make it simple and say that i upload datasheet-1.pdf and want it to be named "My product datasheet", i want the output to be:
      <a href="{ link to uploaded pdf file }">My product datasheet</a>  
      Also the uploaded pdf files should be related to the page the user is editing.

Is this doable? 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
      PS. I'm a PHP programmer so i know it would require some custom code, but the real question is where do i start, what should it take and is it even possible to do?