justb3a

GUID Generator

GUID Generator

Generate a globally unique identifier (GUID) for Inputfield Text.

Usage

For each instance of a text field the field settings will be extended. Navigate to Admin > Setup > Fields and edit the desired field. Click on the Input Tab and click on the "Generate GUID" area. It extends downwards and reveals a form to enable automatic GUID generation.

After having enabled GUID generation for a text field, edit a page which has a template containing this field. You'll see the field filled with a GUID.

field.png.c894c737fa61523251a60e22eb18f17d.png

page.png.5b9687d2035a3f6cf054f9b4769e7801.png

• Like 14

could you please tell us what you use it for? i know what it does but sometimes it's easier to get the context by an example. thank you :)

The company which I'm working for develops apps, too. And for one of them we need a little notification system. Just a little endpoint which returns json. The app saves all notes which have been sent to the user. To be able to identify which message has already been shown, we need a global identifier. 

The workflow is as follows:

• Login PW Admin
  • add a new page, the "id" field will be populated with a GUID
  • fill in all other fields which should be sent
  • an endpoint returns json, for example something like the following
[
  {
   "id":"936DA01F-9ABD-4D9D-80C7-02AF85C822A8",
   "url":"https:\/\/domain.com\/endpoint\/notice1\/",
  },
 {
   "id":"A36DA01F-9ABD-4D9D-80C7-02AF85C822A8",
   "url":"https:\/\/domain.com\/endpoint\/notice2\/",
  }
]
  • as you can see, for each note there's a "detail" page which will return the actual message
  • if someone opens the app, it checks whether there are new notes and displays them
  • Like 7

@justb3a I want to somehow create a unique page-slug (page name) for certain pages.

Do you think your module could be tweaked (maybe with a hook or otherwise), to let authors create a unique page name, in page-edit mode? This would be awesome.

The reason behind it: I want to create content, where only people who have that URL have access to it, without the author having to create a login / user first. I know, this is commonly called "security by obscurity", but for our use-case that's enough.

2 hours ago, dragan said:

Do you think your module could be tweaked (maybe with a hook or otherwise), to let authors create a unique page name, in page-edit mode? This would be awesome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By teppo
      Needed a really simple solution to embed audio files within page content and couldn't find a module for that, so here we go. Textformatter Audio Embed works a bit like Textformatter Video Embed, converting this:
      <p>https://www.domain.tld/path/to/file.mp3</p> Into this:
      <audio controls class="TextformatterAudioEmbed"> <source src="https://www.domain.tld/path/to/file.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"> </audio> The audio element has pretty good browser support, so quite often this should be enough to get things rolling 🙂
      GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/TextformatterAudioEmbed Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-audio-embed/
    • By Richard Jedlička
      Tense    
      Tense (Test ENvironment Setup & Execution) is a command-line tool to easily run tests agains multiple versions of ProcessWire CMF.
      Are you building a module, or a template and you need to make sure it works in all supported ProcessWire versions? Then Tense is exactly what you need. Write the tests in any testing framework, tell Tense which ProcessWire versions you are interested in and it will do the rest for you.

See example or see usage in a real project.
      How to use?
      1. Install it: 
      composer global require uiii/tense 2. Create tense.yml config:
      tense init 3. Run it:
      tense run  
      For detailed instructions see Github page: https://github.com/uiii/tense

This is made possible thanks to the great wireshell tool by @justb3a, @marcus and others.

What do you think about it? Do you find it useful? Do you have some idea? Did you find some bug? Tell me you opinion. Write it here or in the issue tracker.
    • By Chris Bennett
      Hi all, I am going round and round in circles and would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
      I am sure I am doing something dumb, or missing something I should know, but don't. Story of my life 😉

Playing round with a module and my basic problem is I want to upload an image and also use InputfieldMarkup and other Inputfields.
      Going back and forth between trying an api generated page defining Fieldgroup, Template, Fields, Page and the InputfieldWrapper method.

InputfieldWrapper method works great for all the markup stuff, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to save the image to the database.
      Can generate a Field for it (thanks to the api investigations) but not sure what I need to do to link the Inputfield to that. Tried a lot of stuff from various threads, of varying dates without luck.
      Undoubtedly not helped by me not knowing enough.

Defining Fieldgroup etc through the api seems nice and clean and works great for the images but I can't wrap my head around how/if I can add/append/hook the InputfieldWrapper/InputfieldMarkup stuff I'd like to include on that template as well. Not even sure if it should be where it is on ___install with the Fieldtype stuff or later on . Not getting Tracy errors, just nothing seems to happen.
      If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, that would be great because at the moment I am stumbling round in the dark.

public function ___install() { parent::___install(); $page = $this->pages->get('name='.self::PAGE_NAME); if (!$page->id) { // Create fieldgroup, template, fields and page // Create new fieldgroup $fmFieldgroup = new Fieldgroup(); $fmFieldgroup->name = MODULE_NAME.'-fieldgroup'; $fmFieldgroup->add($this->fields->get('title')); // needed title field $fmFieldgroup->save(); // Create new template using the fieldgroup $fmTemplate = new Template(); $fmTemplate->name = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->fieldgroup = $fmFieldgroup; $fmTemplate->noSettings = 1; $fmTemplate->noChildren = 1; $fmTemplate->allowNewPages = 0; $fmTemplate->tabContent = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->noChangeTemplate = 1; $fmTemplate->setIcon(ICON); $fmTemplate->save(); // Favicon source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFavicon'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->gridMode = 'grid'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg png'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Favicon Silhouette source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFaviconSilhouette'; $fmField->label = 'SVG Silhouette'; $fmField->notes = 'When creating a silhouette/mask svg version for Safari Pinned Tabs and Windows Tiles, we recommend setting your viewbox for 0 0 16 16, as this is what Apple requires. In many cases, the easiest way to do this in something like illustrator is a sacrificial rectangle with no fill, and no stroke at 16 x 16. This forces the desired viewbox and can then be discarded easily using something as simple as notepad. Easy is good, especially when you get the result you want without a lot of hassle.'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Create: Open Settings Tab $tabOpener = new Field(); $tabOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen(); $tabOpener->name = 'fmTab1'; $tabOpener->label = "Favicon Settings"; $tabOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $tabOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabOpener->save(); // Create: Close Settings Tab $tabCloser = new Field(); $tabCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose; $tabCloser->name = 'fmTab1' . FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $tabCloser->label = "Close open tab"; $tabCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabCloser->save(); // Create: Opens wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesOpener = new Field(); $filesOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetOpen(); $filesOpener->name = 'fmOpenFolderName'; $filesOpener->label = 'Wrap Folder Name'; $filesOpener->class = 'inline'; $filesOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $filesOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesOpener->save(); // Create: Close wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesCloser = new Field(); $filesCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose(); $filesCloser->name = 'fmOpenFolderName' . FieldtypeFieldsetOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $filesCloser->label = "Close open fieldset"; $filesCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesCloser->save(); // Create Favicon Folder Name $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeText"); $fmField->name = 'folderName'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon Folder:'; $fmField->description = $this->config->urls->files; $fmField->placeholder = 'Destination Folder for your generated favicons, webmanifest and browserconfig'; $fmField->columnWidth = 100; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon('folder'); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesCloser); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabCloser); $fmFieldgroup->save(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Experimental Markup Tests $wrapperFaviconMagic = new InputfieldWrapper(); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('id','faviconMagicWrapper'); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('title',$this->_('Favicon Magic')); // field show info what $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $field->name = 'use'; $field->label = __('How do I use it?'); $field->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $field->icon('info'); $field->attr('value', 'Does this even begin to vaguely work?'); $field->columnWidth = 50; $wrapperFaviconMagic->add($field); $fmTemplate->fields->add($wrapperFaviconMagic); $fmTemplate->fields->save(); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Create page $page = $this->wire( new Page() ); $page->template = MODULE_NAME; $page->parent = $this->wire('pages')->get('/'); $page->addStatus(Page::statusHidden); $page->title = 'Favicons'; $page->name = self::PAGE_NAME; $page->process = $this; $page->save(); } }  
    • By Sebi
      Since it's featured in ProcessWire Weekly #310, now is the time to make it official:
      Here is Twack!
      I really like the following introduction from ProcessWire Weekly, so I hope it is ok if I use it here, too. Look at the project's README for more details!
      Twack is a new — or rather newish — third party module for ProcessWire that provides support for reusable components in an Angular-inspired way. Twack is implemented as an installable module, and a collection of helper and base classes. Key concepts introduced by this module are:
      Components, which have separate views and controllers. Views are simple PHP files that handle the output for the component, whereas controllers extend the TwackComponent base class and provide additional data handling capabilities. Services, which are singletons that provide a shared service where components can request data. The README for Twack uses a NewsService, which returns data related to news items, as an example of a service. Twack components are designed for reusability and encapsulating a set of features for easy maintainability, can handle hierarchical or recursive use (child components), and are simple to integrate with an existing site — even when said site wasn't originally developed with Twack.
      A very basic Twack component view could look something like this:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; ?> <h1>Hello World!</h1> And here's how you could render it via the API:
      <?php namespace Processwire; $twack = $modules->get('Twack'); $hello = $twack->getNewComponent('HelloWorld'); ?> <html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?= $hello->render() ?> </body> </html> Now, just to add a bit more context, here's a simple component controller:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; class HelloWorld extends TwackComponent { public function __construct($args) { parent::__construct($args); $this->title = 'Hello World!'; if(isset($args['title'])) { $this->title = $args['title']; } } } As you can see, there's not a whole lot new stuff to learn here if you'd like to give Twack a try in one of your projects. The Twack README provides a really informative and easy to follow introduction to all the key concepts (as well as some additional examples) so be sure to check that out before getting started. 
      Twack is in development for several years and I use it for every new project I build. Also integrated is an easy to handle workflow to make outputs as JSON, so it can be used to build responses for a REST-api as well. I will work that out in one section in the readme as well. 
      If you want to see the module in an actual project, I have published the code of www.musical-fabrik.de in a repository. It runs completely with Twack and has an app-endpoint with ajax-output as well.
      I really look forward to hear, what you think of Twack🥳!
      Features Installation Usage Quickstart: Creating a component Naming conventions & component variants Component Parameters directory page parameters viewname Asset handling Services Named components Global components Ajax-Output Configuration Versioning License Changelog
    • By Robin S
      Page Reference Default Value
      Most ProcessWire core inputfield types that can be used with a Page Reference field support a "Default value" setting. This module extends support for default values to the following core inputfield types:
      Page List Select Page List Select Multiple Page Autocomplete (single and multiple) Seeing as these inputfield types only support the selection of pages a Page List Select / Page List Select Multiple is used for defining the default value instead of the Text / Textarea field used by the core for other inputfield types. This makes defining a default value a bit more user-friendly.
      Note that as per the core "Default value" setting, the Page Reference field must be set to "required" in order for the default value to be used.
      Screenshot

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageReferenceDefaultValue
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-reference-default-value/