DZuz14

Text Editor for Processwire

Hello everyone.

I am having an issue with navigating the Processwire site, as well as the web to find anything useful to help me get a text editor installed in Processwire. I am not new to development whatsoever, but this is the sort of thing that makes people go to craptastic Wordpress, because its super easy to find what you need.

Does anyone have any suggestions whatsoever on how to get a text editor field(exactly like the one I am using to write this thread, if at all possible)? I am building a site and all my beautifully written Processwire PHP hooks work great, but when it comes to something simple like setting up and using a module, nothing good is easily found.

Hi @DZuz14 - welcome to the wonderful world of PW, the anti WP :)

CkEditor is built in to PW - you just need to choose CkEditor here from the Inputfield Type on the Details tab of your textarea field.

Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 7.25.31 PM.png

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kixe
      Email Verification
      This module provides functions to validate email adresses and hosts. The module generates a textfile for blacklisted mailhosts (trashmail), which will be always up to date.
      Download
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/email-verification/
      API
      // get module $mailcheck = $modules->get('EmailVerification'); // return bool/ string - automatted update of blacklist file $mailcheck->blacklisted(email|domain) // return bool - validate a top level domain, checks against IANA list $mailcheck->validTLD(tld) // return array of punycoded TLDs - cyclic updated, data pulled from IANA $mailcheck->getTLDs(cycle=2592000) // return bool - checks syntax converts to punycode $mailcheck->validDomainName(domain); // return bool - checks punycode encoded syntax $mailcheck->validHostName(host); // return bool - checks syntax and accessibility $mailcheck->validHost(email|domain) // add a single value to blacklist $mailcheck->addToBlacklist(email|domain) USAGE
      $mailcheck = $modules->get('EmailCheck'); $email = 'susi@trashmail.com'; if($mailcheck->blacklisted($email)) echo 'Email Provider not allowed'; if(!$mailcheck->validHost($email)) echo 'Mailhost not available'; Example blacklist file:  blacklist.txt

• By teppo
      Code Blocks Textformatter is a tiny Textformatter module I cooked up to add support for code blocks to text/textarea/RTE fields on some of the sites I work with. Unlike a full-blown Markdown Textformatter – which is something that we already have in the core – this module simply adds support for fenced and inline code blocks.
      The syntax is based on the GitHub code block documentation, so please refer to that for additional instructions. The README at GitHub also includes some basic examples. As with any Textformatter, in order to enable this one, install it and enable it via field settings. Note that there's no syntax highlighting built in (at least for the time being), so use a tool of your choice for that – personally I prefer Prism.js.
      Since this module doesn't use a Markdown tool behind the scenes, but rather some home baked regular expressions, there's always the possibility that I've missed something – but please let me know if you use this module and run into any issues. On the other hand this module should be relatively fast and unobtrusive, as there are no unnecessary bits of code to run 
      GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/TextformatterCodeBlocks Modules directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-code-blocks/
    • By Alex CA
      I have a few fields which are using the textField filedtype. Some of the data for these fields contain LaTeX code.
      However, the CKEditor does not have the abilities to parse it. Is there any solution for this problem?
      I am currently using Processwire 2.7
    • By theo
      Here is my first processwire module (beta).
      https://github.com/theo222/ImagePickerField
      A lot of "first times". First time Github, Markdown and of course PW Modules.
      So be gentle please.
      I hope it works.