texobyte

Odd behavior when uploading images

I have been plagued by this issue since day one. I cannot access or use any image I have uploaded. I can see them in the directory on the server and when I click on an image I can see a preview in the editor but as the video Video in my dropbox shows it doesn't provide me with a way to utilize those images. I can't see anything obvious.

I did upgrade to 3.0.34 and have left the site pretty bare bones until this issue is resolved.

Thanks in advance!

processwire-images-bug.mp4

My guess would be that your assets/files folder doesn't have read permission.

Do a quick recursive change (to get all the subfolders as well) to 777 to test and if that works, then sort out the proper owner/permission settings.

What seems a bit strange is that the full image is displayed alright on click on the thumbnail, but the thumbnails and pwimage don't work. If it were read permissions, the full image shouldn't be visible either.

My first three items to check would be:

• Third party modules
  • Apache's mod_security
  • Browser security plugins

The raw requests made for the thumbnails might also be worth a look.

Permissions changed.

I noticed in the response header the x-xss-protection: 1; mode = block: is that an issue?

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:41:41 GMT
Content-Type: image/jpeg
Content-Length: 42
Server: Apache/2
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Last-Modified: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:41:39 GMT
Etag: "2a-53d94dfa00482"
Accept-Ranges: bytes, bytes
Cache-Control: max-age=2592000
Expires: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 17:41:41 GMT
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block
Connection: Keep-Alive

Just now, texobyte said:

Permissions changed.

I noticed in the response header the x-xss-protection: 1; mode = block: is that an issue?

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:41:41 GMT
Content-Type: image/jpeg
Content-Length: 42
Server: Apache/2
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Last-Modified: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:41:39 GMT
Etag: "2a-53d94dfa00482"
Accept-Ranges: bytes, bytes
Cache-Control: max-age=2592000
Expires: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 17:41:41 GMT
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block
Connection: Keep-Alive

Never mind - that's not it according to Google.

Ok on the server when viewing the .jpgs I click on the full size images and I get the image but on the thumbnails that are generated I get

The image "http://texobyte.com/site/assets/files/1021/zenbook_review-10.0x260.jpg" cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

Thumb: http://texobyte.com/site/assets/files/1021/zenbook_review-10.0x260.jpg

Full size: http://texobyte.com/site/assets/files/1021/zenbook_review-10.jpg

Might also be a memory issue or a case of format incompatibility between your images and GD. Maybe this thread could be helpful:

• Like 1

It is a memory issue, this is the error in the log.

/hermes/bosnaweb17a/b2188/ipg.texobytecom/texobyte/site/assets/files/1021/zenbook_review-2.1080x0.jpg - zenbook_review-2.1080x0.jpg - not enough memory to load

ill take a look down this path.

FIXED: The images I was uploading were 5184x3456 and I didn't realize that.

So I was killing the memory load on a crazy large image.

• Like 3