Sign in to follow this  
elabx

UX/UI

Hi everyone!

I haven't seen a thread yet to talk about this aspect of development in which I have been reading on lately and I am very interested in this community's opinion/experience. 

• What are your perspectives/experiences on dealing with a UX/UI research process?
  • Would you have resources/books/courses to recommend to learn about the topic?

5 hours ago, elabx said:

Would you have resources/books/courses to recommend to learn about the topic?

Don't Make Me Think is a classic and applies to all kinds of UX/UI design. Nielsen Norman Group articles are also worth checking out; Jakob Nielsen in particular is one of the most prominent figures when it comes to usability research.

Lots of stuff to add here, but I'll leave that to others :)

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By David Karich
      I have opened a ticket on GitHub, in which I present a modification respectively a proof of concept, which significantly improves the editing of pages, especially with long contents.
      The save buttons are always in view with this modification, and the scroll position when editing and saving is saved and restored after saving.
      You can also find a screencast and code extensions on GitHub. What do you think of that?
      Link: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/177
    • By jploch
      I just relaunched my portfolio website. It's my first ajax driven website using ProcessWire as a CMS.
      Its a showcase of some of my work as well as a digital playground to improve my coding skills.

If you encounter any bugs or have feedback, feel free to share  

janploch.de
    • By alexhowl
      When I try to load one of the modals in the PW Admin panel, say Insert Link or Crop Image, the modal is blank, and I'm registering a "Load denied by X-Frame-Options" in my console. This option used to work, but I've since ported to a different server and it stopped working.
      I've tried adding this to my .htaccess file, with no results.
      Header set X-Frame-Options "ALLOW-FROM http://[my_server_ip]" I also tried commenting out the 'Header always append" line there as well (which I don't really want to do).
      I'm assuming it might, but could this have anything to do with the fact that my HTTPS is self-signed and not really configuring?
      I'm not at production stage so I'm still futzing around on the server, and moved onto web development and was going to fix my TLS later. Maybe I should fix it now? That's what i'm going to try. Let me know if you have any other ideas.
    • By FrancisChung
      Hi,

I'm trying to design a new User Survey functionality that allows a "User" to specify user surveys that pop up
      after a user clicks on an audio button after a user watched a video after visiting 5 pages on a site when users bounce  etc etc
      So basically the potential to launch a User Survey from various places under various trigger conditions.
      I have already built User Survey capabilties where if the a particular User Survey field and certain trigger fields are filled in, it will trigger the user survey accordingly.
      I'm not really happy with the current design as it's highly coupled at the moment and I feel the design is too brittle to accommodate changes that are drastic (oh, like the one I have above for example)

Has any one implemented any flexible User Survey functionality that has various triggering capabilities? I googled far and wide but I've not seen anything remotely close to what I'm looking for. All articles I've found seem to concentrate on designing the User Survey itself and not on the (smart) delivery of it.

• By AndZyk
      Our agency website is not exactly new, because we relaunched it late 2014. At this time we have build it with the CMS Contao and Bootstrap as framework. Although I always liked our website, I was never quiet happy with it. Contao is a great CMS, but knowing ProcessWire it felt tedious managing content. Also it limited me as a developer.
      So the past months I have rebuild our website with ProcessWire and switched the framework to UIkit, because it made a good first impression on me and I wanted to learn it. Now I am happy with our website, because it is cleaner, faster, easier to manage and more optimized for search engines.
      www.designconcepts.de
      Modules used:
      ProFields ProCache Map Marker Pages2JSON Markup Sitemap XML Tracy Debugger Email Obfuscation Regards, Andreas