Filtering InputfieldFile (live search in file names)

BitPoet

Out of necessity (that is, my editors having created pages with hundreds of files attached...) I've whipped up a small module that adds a live search box (just plain jQuery hide/show) to file input fields (just for InputfieldFile, not images, and no searching descriptions yet).

I've called it InputfieldFileFilter.

If anybody wants to give it a try, it can be found at https://github.com/BitPoet/InputfieldFileFilter

It's currently running on PW 2.8, though it should be compatible with other versions as well. I'd be happy to get a little feedback if this is worth rolling into a more elaborate module.

The module is really only in alpha state right now, so I'd not recommend to put it onto a production system, and it does need quite a bit of testing. InputfieldFile has a lot of js magic attached after all...

• Like 2

Thanks for the pointer, I totally missed your module when I looked for existing modules for that feature. Seems I'm a bit out of the loop...  I guess I need to reserve a few hours to play with AOS.

I haven't tried that but as they filter only loaded items with jQuery, they won't work as expected. Making it fully functional would need another approach (Ajax). I'll see how to fix this when paginated fields become more widespread. Multilanguage sites have a built-in live search available for translations but I think neither that has support pagination.