horst

module
Metadata EXIF

1 post in this topic

Metadata Exif

Version 0.9.0  (currently a WIP) for PW 2.8.+ / 3.0+

This is a new attempt to add easy EXIF reading support to ProcessWire. It should be an easy and less error prone API task. Thats why the module internally uses lowercase key names for all EXIF keys and all of your requested key names. But you are not forced to use lowercase key names, you can use any mixed chars for it as you like. You will get back an array or object with keynames / properties named the same (casesensitive) way as you have passed them in with your request.

API

The module adds one hook to the Pageimage: getExif($options = null)

Without any $options passed to the method, it returns all EXIF data in a RAW multidim array.

Passing a simple list with requested key names as array to it returns an array with only the values of those requested keynames.

If you want change the output from array to object, you can use the a boolean "toObject" set to true. Additionally to this and / or any other option, you need to put your requested keynames list to the option "keys".

$rawArray = $image->getExif();

$options = array('Whitebalance', 'Flash', 'ISOSpeedRatings', 'FNumber', 'UserComment');
$array = $image->getExif($options);

$options = array('toObject' => true, 'keys' => array('whitebalance', 'flash', 'isospeedratings', 'fnumber', 'usercomment'));
$object = $image->getExif($options);

Possible options are

keys = array,
                       a list with case insensitive keynames

thumbnail = bool,
                       you can set thumbnail explicitly as own option,
                       or you can add thumbnail as keyname to keys

toObject = bool,
                       if is false or missing, an array is returned

unformatted = bool,
                       if explicitly set to true, you will get back unformatted (raw) values

returnRaw = bool,
                       when no $options are set, or no $options['keys'] are set,
                       or explicitly this param is set to true,
                       the complete RAW EXIF data is returned

A working example

$options = array(
        'keys' => array('ISOSpeedRatings', 'FNumber', 'Flash')
    );
    echo "<table><tr>";
    foreach($options['keys'] as $key) echo "<th>{$key}</th>";
    echo "</tr>";
    foreach($page->images as $image) {
        $exif = $image->getExif($options);
        echo "<tr>";
        foreach($exif as $value) echo "<td>$value</td>";
        echo "</tr>";
    }
    echo "</table>";

This will output something like:

ISOSpeedRatings    FNumber    Flash
320    f/2.2    Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
100    f/4.0    Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

With the boolean option "unformatted" passed as true, the output would look like:

ISOSpeedRatings    FNumber    Flash
320    11/5    16
100    40/10    16

For some keys, that only store something like integer values, what are not very meaningful to most of us, the module contain xyzFormatted methods. This way, it is easy to enhance and maintain the module in the future. :)

Help wanted

It would be nice if some of you test the module and report back if the intended API suites your needs. And you are very welcome to post suggestions for which keys you want to have a ...Formatted method.

Thank you!

https://github.com/horst-n/MetadataExif

10 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuag
      Introducing our newest [commercial] module:
      Recurme
      Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.
      http://www.99lime.com/modules/recurme/
      One Field to Recur them ALL…
      A Recurring Dates InputField for your Processwire templates. The InputField you’ve been waiting for.
      Complex RRule date repeating in a simple and fast user interface.
      Use the super simple, & powerful API to output them into your templates.
      example:
      <? // easy to get recurring events $events = $recurme->find(); // events for this day $events = $recurme->day(); // events for this week $events = $recurme->week(); // events for this month $events = $recurme->month(); ?> <? // Loop through your events foreach($events as $event){ echo $event->title; echo $event->start_date; echo $event->rrule; echo $event->original->url; ... } ?> Unlimited Custom Calendars.
      Imagine you could create any calendar you wanted on your website. Use recurring events with the Recurme field, or use your own Processwire pages and date fields to render calendars… it’s up to you. Fully customizable. Make as many calendars as you like. Get events from anywhere. Recurme does all the hard date work for you.
      Unlimited Custom Admin Calendars too.
      Hope you like it  ,
       Joshua & Eduardo from 99Lime.

• By Cody Connor
      I am currently working on a website in process wire.  I created an image field and added svg as a valid file extension and could upload a png image and a jpg image but when I try to upload a svg image it is stuck loading at 100%.  I figured out that the image field does not take the extension svg even if I add it as an extension. and I was wondering if their is any way to upload a svg image to an image field in processwire?
      I am working with processwire version 3.0.61

• By valan
      At our site we use both email and phone authorizations at frontend. To make life easier, I've developed HelperPhone pack that handles phone numbers. This pack includes following modules for ProcessWire CMS/CMF:
      FieldtypePhoneNumber: module that stores phone numbers InputfieldPhoneNumber: module that renders inputfield for phone numbers HelperPhone: module that loads PhoneNumber and PhoneNumberConst classes, and 'libphonenumber' namespace All these modules require included PW WireData-derived class PhoneNumber and PhoneNumberConst.
      PhoneNumber class is a thin wrapper over giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php, itself is port of Google's libphonenumber. PhoneNumberConst class stores constants, used by PhoneNumber class Usage: PhoneNumber class
      $phone = '8 (916) 318-07-29 ext 1234'; // input string could be in any phone-recognizable format $phoneNumber = new PhoneNumber($phone, 'RU'); // or wire('modules')->get('HelperPhone')->makePhoneNumber($phone, 'RU'); echo ($phoneNumber->isValidNumber() ? 'Yes':'No'); // Yes echo ($phoneNumber->isValidNumberForRegion($regionCode) ? 'Yes':'No'); // Yes echo $phoneNumber->getNumberTypeTitle(); // Mobile echo $phoneNumber->getCountryCode(); // 7 echo $phoneNumber->getRegionCode(); // RU echo $phoneNumber->getNationalNumber(); // 9163180729 echo $phoneNumber->getExtension(); // 1234 echo $phoneNumber->formatForCallingFrom('US') // 011 7 916 318-07-28 echo $phoneNumber->formatForCallingFrom('GE') // 00 7 916 318-07-28
      For more methods and properties please refer to PhoneNumber and PhoneNumberConst source files. Need more? Check giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php and use it by accessing $phoneNumber->phoneNumber property - it is instance of \libphonenumber\PhoneNumber or null (if empty).
      Usage: field
      Note: on field creation, make sure that you've configured field settings
      Default region: assumed region if input phone number string is not in international format (starts with '+', etc)
      Enabled/disabled phone extentions: if disabled, phone extension will be removed on field save.
      Phone field settings in example below: default region code 'RU', phone extensions are enabled
      echo $page->phone; // +79163180729 // Note1: $page->phone stores instance of PhoneNumber and renders to string in E164 format. // Note2: E164 format does not include extension. echo $page->getFormatted('phone'); // +7 916 318-07-29 ext. 1234 echo $page->getUnformatted('phone'); // +79163180729 echo $page->phone->format(PhoneNumberConst::RFC3966); // tel:+7-916-318-07-29;ext=1234 echo $page->phone->getNationalNumber(); // 9163180729 Usage: PW selectors
      FieldtypePhoneNumber is instance of FieldtypeText. It stores phone numbers and extensions as string in E164 format with #extention (if provided by user and enabled in settings) E.g. in db it looks like this: '+79163180729#1234'. This makes it easy to query fields as any text field.
      echo $pages->find([     'template' => 'my_temlate',     'phone^=' => '+79163180729', ]); // will echo page ids where phone starts with '+79163180729' Finally
      I've decided to put it here first and later to Modules directory (based on your feedbacks).
      GitHub: https://github.com/valieand/HelperPhone
      Enjoy
    • By justb3a
      Little admin helper module: Using this module you can view all template cache settings at once. E.g. cache status, cache time (configurable). Furthermore it adds the functionality to clear the entire template cache or just the template cache for a given template. Note that this may cause a temporary delay for one or more requests while pages are re-cached.

GitHub: https://github.com/justb3a/processwire-templatecacheoverview
    • By Steven Veerbeek
      Hi,
      I am trying to create a module for a webshop in which I can predefine a number of thumbnail sizes for my product images. I was thinking of storing each of these image sizes as a child page with 'width' and 'height' fields under the module page , so I can use a PageTable input field in my module to easily manage them.
      I know how to create a Pagetable field and add it to templates so I can use it in regular pages, but because I am planning on implementing some other functionalities that (I think) can't be achieved with a regular page, I need the PageTable field to work within a module.
      So far I have come up with this piece of code by trial and error:
      $page = $this->page; $field_sizes = $this->modules->get("InputfieldPageTable"); $field_sizes->title = "image_sizes"; $field_sizes->label = "Image sizes"; $field_sizes->set('parent_id', $page->id); $template = wire("templates")->get("image_size"); $field_sizes->set('template_id', $template->id); $field_sizes->set('columns', "title\nimage_width\nimage_height"); $wrapper->add($field_sizes); It works in that it does display an empty PageTable in my module. I can also add pages and they will be added as child pages under my module page, but when I do, the way the PageTable is displayed gets all messed up. Instead of showing the newly created page as a row in the PageTable, all the fields on the module page (including the PageTable field itself) are repeated within the PageTable field.
      I hope my explanation makes sense. I am fairly new to Processwire (and module development in particular) so perhaps I am just trying to use PageTable in a way it was not intended to be. Maybe you guys could give me some directions on how to achieve what I am looking for?
      Thanks!