CKEditor Version

KG60

I am using Processwire v2.7.2, and CKEditor is in both the Site/Modules and Wire/Modules folders. Which copy of CKEditor will it be using? I want to try to add the ability to centre text but it is a bit confusing on which copies of the files I should be editing. Also in the Wire/Modules/InputfieldCKEditor folder there is a sub folder called ckeditor-4.5.3. If ProcessWire is using the version stored in the Wire folder is it reading the files from the root of the InputfieldCKEditor folder or from the sub folder?

I've noticed on this site the text alignment buttons are in place along with the font type and size. This is what I would like to add in rather than just extra options under the Styles dropdown. Is this easy to do?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any help

There are no copies of the editor.

/wire/modules/ is the core of CKE and /site/modules/ is the place for stuff specific to your site, like custom Javascript, CSS and plugins. See config TAB of your fields.

The folder called ckeditor-4.5.3 is the core of CKE with all its own functionalities. I wouldn't touch it or you will have a problem when upgrading PW. Files like InputfieldCKEditor.module are the integration of the editor into PW .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Klenkes said:

There are no copies of the editor.

/wire/modules/ is the core of CKE and /site/modules/ is the place for stuff specific to your site, like custom Javascript, CSS and plugins. See config TAB of your fields.

The folder called ckeditor-4.5.3 is the core of CKE with all its own functionalities. I wouldn't touch it or you will have a problem when upgrading PW. Files like InputfieldCKEditor.module are the integration of the editor into PW.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes things clearer. I'm still getting used to how ProcessWire functions but I'm getting there, albeit slowly. ;)

I've now managed to add the options I wanted by using the Justify plugin following the instructions on another forum post. It's great to be able to tap into the experience of the ProcessWire community. :)