repeater inside itself

diogo

Ok, i did it :) I put a repeater inside itself just to see what would happen, and the result is not pretty. As soon as you create a page with it, it creates a big number of repeater pages and breaks the system. It would be better if PW would just disallow this.

• Like 5

If I understood correctly this is a scenario where "repeater A" includes "repeater A"? I'm not in a position to test, but does it work if I have two different repeaters and other one is part of other? Like "repeater A" has "repeater B"..

Repeaters should be okay with putting repeater B inside repeater A. But if you are putting repeater A inside repeater A… all bets are off. :) We'll have to add some extra checking for the folks that need the infinite recursive depth repeater features in their site. :)

• 8 months later...

thanks philipp, i`m familiar with the repeater field and have used it a few times in nested context as discribed in this thread further up. now I have a setup with a newer pw-release and it seems, that it is no longer possible to nest repeater field A inside repeater field B.

@martijn ... if i interpret your, a bit cynic seeming, responses right, this is not a new question?

ah, ... i don`t mean a repeater in itself but a repeater field inside another repeater field