Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can you maybe try to use filename property? Single file has as far as I know no path property.

$mail->addAttachment($file->filename, $file->name);

 

  • 2 years later...
Posted

Hello! I want to find out if this plugin is able to 

  1. take over all mail sending within ProcessWire automatically by simply replacing the default WireMail Class.
  2. If so, where can I configure "SMTP via OAuth" like it is described here: https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Microsoft-Azure-and-XOAUTH2-setup-guide

Is that even possible, or do I have to manually go through all my websites forms and send the mail programmatically?

Luckily, I do have all the Azure Application-IDs and secret codes right here, but where do I fill them in?

  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I dropped the whole topic a few days later so I do not have the Azure setup data anymore. It was really, really complicated so we solved the problem otherwise.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I messed up and upgraded the module without upgrading the old version of PHP that I have installed. (7.something) Is there a way for me to downgrade the module (install an older version)? Upgrading to PHP 8, while recommended  and necessary, isn't an easy task at this point and in the meantime the mailing function of the website is broken. 😞

Posted
On 6/16/2026 at 12:02 PM, BigRed said:

I messed up and upgraded the module without upgrading the old version of PHP that I have installed. (7.something) Is there a way for me to downgrade the module (install an older version)? Upgrading to PHP 8, while recommended  and necessary, isn't an easy task at this point and in the meantime the mailing function of the website is broken. 😞

@BigRed You could download the last version from here: https://github.com/trk/WireMailPHPMailer/releases

Or if you upgraded using the upgrade module, then the old version would still be in your modules directory, with a dot. You can just delete the latest and undot the last one. 

  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Hi there,

I'm having trouble setting up this module with Azure XOAUTH2.

I have entered the client ID, secret, tenant ID, and sending email address, and installed the greew composer package in the processwire root composer. (Screenshots attached of the UI, and the payload from the network tab).

But when I click save, I still see "Please enter your Client ID & Secret, save the settings, and then a button will appear here to authorize the app and generate a refresh token."

Is there something else I need to do?

I'd really appreciate any help you can give!

Tom 

CleanShot 2026-09-10 at 14.34.44.png

CleanShot 2026-09-10 at 14.33.53.png

Posted

I’ve tried to do some work to find out what the problem could be. Hopefully this might just be useful in isolating the problem .

In the getInputfields method (in the WireMailPHPMailerConfig class), it seems that the values like $this->get('OAuthClientId’); are getting reset by the parent::getInputfields(); call. And as such, if (!$clientId) is returning as true, even though it’s populated.

I think there are 2 other bugs within the Azure XOauth2 flow:

  • $redirectUri = $page->httpUrl() . '?name=WireMailPHPMailer’; should be $redirectUri = $page->httpUrl() . ‘edit?name=WireMailPHPMailer’;
  • The Azure provider needs the tenant ID passed in with the key tenantId (not tenant) to match the property in Greew\\OAuth2\\Client\\Provider\\Azure.

Finally, when I apply the fixes above, I’m able to authenticate with Azure. The refresh token is populated in the field. But then on saving the page, it’s cleared. I’m not sure why this is happening.

--

Please let me know if you get chance to look into this. I'd be very happy to help with testing and debugging. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...