LanguageLocalizedURL

mcmorry

Thanks for taking the effort to debug my problem.

I have rebuild teh multi-language as suggested using LanguagePageNames. This works like a charm! Tanks for pointing me in that direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I havent used this with cache but it should work. You might want to consider using the LanguagePageNames core module that add the loaclized url support more integrated as this module will not be developed further.

• Like 1

Thanks Soma, I was not aware that there was a replacement in core. That sounds like good news! Does the  LanguagePageNames plugin have the same features? I like the feature where all the URLs are modified with the current language. That's a killer feature!!

I havent used this with cache but it should work. You might want to consider using the LanguagePageNames core module that add the loaclized url support more integrated as this module will not be developed further.

I'm using this LocalizedLanguage module, it's perfect, thank you!

Now, is it possible to update to LanguagePageNames? and is it this module in the list: 

Languages Support - Page Names  0.0.3 ?

And what do I have to do to upgrade? delete the gateway template? Do I have to change code? (PW is upgraded to 2.3).

No you dont have to upgrade anything just deinstall and install the other. Remove what you dont need like the published page field if you used that.

Then you configure lang segment on home root page settings. And of course you have to enter all page names for the alternative languages. So if your site is already live you might want to copy the titles to the name fields which could be done with a simple script sitewide. And of course you have to adapt your language switch. Youll find more infos in the module thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No you dont have to upgrade anything just deinstall and install the other. Remove what you dont need like the published page field if you used that.

Then you configure lang segment on home root page settings. And of course you have to enter all page names for the alternative languages. So if your site is already live you might want to copy the titles to the name fields which could be done with a simple script sitewide. And of course you have to adapt your language switch. Youll find more infos in the module thread.

thx! I'm afraid of doing this because it's a live site and I'm not a developer so if difficulties occur...

Maybe it's too early to do this switch ("not for production") anyway?