How to Update PW?

biotech

I just did my first update and to my understanding it is just a matter of

- renaming the 'wire' folder

- uploading of the new 'wire' folder

Now sitting at V 2.2.0.1 and not sure if it the issues are related to the release or my update process.

Can't edit Templates or Fields, when editing the entry/page all of the tabs are gone...

So is there more to doing the updates or perhaps my timing with the release is the cause of the issues?

Thank you.

It also depends what version you are upgrading from. Upgrading within the same major version (like 2.2) means just replacing the /wire/ directory, /index.php and /.htaccess file. But going from something like 2.0 to 2.2 or 2.1 to 2.2 means you have to check the upgrade notes before attempting an upgrade. However, currently the only upgrade you need to be careful with is 2.0 to 2.2, as that one involves more.

Can't edit Templates or Fields, when editing the entry/page all of the tabs are gone...

I've not heard of something like this before. Just to be on the safe side, I suggest hitting "reload" in your browser once or twice, as it sounds like a possible CSS cache, rather than an upgrade error.

If that doesn't do it, let me know what version you upgraded from. I'm assuming you were previously running at least 2.1 Though if not, you need to revert and follow the 2.0->2.1 upgrade instructions. Currently, that is the only version change that requires something more than replacing a few files.

Thank you Jasper for the link, somehow I could not find it.

Just a thought...maybe some of these forum posts need to be converted into 'documentation' structure similar to API's?

@Ryan

Thanks, you were right, after I looked at the source code I saw that the browser was not loading all of it...this was too easy :)

Thanks gents.