Customizing output of Comments module

Robguy

Hey guys,

Rookie with processwire here (especially when it comes to modules).

I wan to customize the html output that the comments module generates. 

At first I attempted to create my own module but then realised I am re-inventing the wheel and there should be an easier way to customise the output.

Now my logic thought out that by moving the wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeComments folder could sit comfortably in site/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeComments folder as well.

That didn't work either. 

All I really need to do is to modify the CommentList.php file to output the html I want.

I've attempted reading around and looking for answers on the forums but I found some answers relating to customising Modules to be a bit confusing (mainly focussed at creating modules not customising*) and it seems that other people haven't had an issue with this so not finding a lot of questions like mine.

Any help would be awesomely appreciated!

Now my logic thought out that by moving the wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeComments folder could sit comfortably in site/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeComments folder as well.

That didn't work either. 

What happens when you leave the wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeComments folder (where it belongs) and then copy that folder to site/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeComments?