Introduction

rick

Hello all!

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post an introduction, but I didn't want to clutter a specific topic elsewhere.

I've been reading various forum topics, wiki, and docs, for the past twenty or so hours and decided to sign up last night. I just want to say that I am impressed with Processwire itself, as well as the community's eagerness to assist us newbies. I'll most likely have a number of questions later. As of now, I suffer from information overload due to the amount of reasearch over the past few weeks. I'm sure some of you old-timers, like myself, are familiar with *Tilt*, which is currently emblazoned on the back of my eyeballs.

I look forward to learning and working with PW on a number of up-coming projects, and eventually become a contributing member of this community. Thanks for having me.

Best regards,

Rick

• Like 12

Have you tried other cms systems before ? If yes, you are going to fall in code with Processwire - - - - -

And this time it is going to be for real ;)

Welcome.

Yes Sir. I have used quite a few of them for small-ish projects over the years, and wrote a few plug-ins along the way.

I must say that I am more impressed with processwire than I thought I would be considering all I had for a reference was those 'other' apps. :)

I can see PW being my goto tool for all of the "greater than one-page site" projects. That in itself is exciting.

• Like 1

I look forward to learning and working with PW on a number of up-coming projects, and eventually become a contributing member of this community. Thanks for having me.

Remember:

There are MANY ways to do something with ProcessWire. One way will have 20 lines, then you share your code, and someone else will modify your code down to 10 lines, lol.

There is no WRONG WAY.

:) 

• Like 1

There is no WRONG WAY.

I am going to chime in and say that isn't really correct :)

There are lots of acceptable ways to do something, but even as brilliantly thought out and architected as PW is, it doesn't prevent you from writing template code that results in slow/inefficient queries and also potentially dangerous holes that users could exploit. Keep in mind that there isn't any CMS out there that can prevent you from making these mistakes.

PW makes it easy to do it the RIGHT WAY, but you still have to think things through, follow best practices, and if in doubt ask someone more experienced if you are doing it right, or at least make sure you are not doing it wrong!

• Like 4

I am going to chime in and say that isn't really correct :)

There are lots of acceptable ways to do something, but even as brilliantly thought out and architected as PW is, it doesn't prevent you from writing template code that results in slow/inefficient queries and also potentially dangerous holes that users could exploit. Keep in mind that there isn't any CMS out there that can prevent you from making these mistakes.

PW makes it easy to do it the RIGHT WAY, but you still have to think things through, follow best practices, and if in doubt ask someone more experienced if you are doing it right, or at least make sure you are not doing it wrong!

AH, so true.

I remember writing some poor code, only to find a better solution on here, lol.