Install problems: no installation seems to happen

Leonarro

Good day everybody.

For a while a have been looking at ProcessWire, reading the forums, documentation and the beatifull sites all of you make.

So yesterday I decided to download and install ProcessWire 2.6.1 master to give it a try myself. Unfortunately the install failed. This is what I did and what happened:

- downloaded ProcessWire 2.6.1 and unzipped the document

- copied all files with an ftp client to a subdomain of my website (double checked if all files where copied)

- created a MySQL database

- went in my browser (FireFox OSX and Chrome OSX) to the location of the installer, it showed the welcome page and the "Get Started" button. Pressed Get Started

- The next page shows "Site Installation Profile", nothing else.

- Asked my ISP to confirm if the minimum requirement for ProcessWire are met, which he confirmed.

- After inspection I found the file "info.php" added after my installation trial.

content of the info.php file:

<?php
    phpinfo();
 ?>

Anyone and idea what might be wrong and how to solve it?

To see yourself what happens, go to: http://tarapoto.mopro.nl/

Thank you,

Leonarro

- The next page shows "Site Installation Profile", nothing else.

- Asked my ISP to confirm if the minimum requirement for ProcessWire are met, which he confirmed.

- After inspection I found the file "info.php" added after my installation trial.

content of the info.php file:

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Can you specify what version of PHP your Hosting Provider is using?  Any additional information on what your actual problem is would be beneficial.

Got this great idea to type in my browser:  tarapoto.mopro.nl/info.php

It says PHP 5.3.10 among a lot of other interesting data.

phpMyAdmin tells me:

Apache version: 2.2.22

MySQL client version: 5.5.44

Best regards,

Leonarro

Can you specify what version of PHP your Hosting Provider is using?  Any additional information on what your actual problem is would be beneficial.

PHP 5.3.10

After pressing the "Get Started" button on the installer page, the nex page only shows the title "Site Installation Profile", nothing else. It stays there forever.

- copied all files with an ftp client to a subdomain of my website (double checked if all files where copied)

This is not recommended !

The ftp protocol is executed for each file: takes up unnecessary amount of time and rises risk of file corruption during the connection.

Much faster and normally error free is to upload your processwire installation in a single zip file.

It is no use going to check if all files made it genuine to the host. If any, you will not be able to distinguish them all.

Delete all files on the host and upload again as a single zip file.

Either repack your processwire installation or use your hosters unzip facility to extract to the root host or folder tree.

The ftp protocol is executed for each file: takes up unnecessary amount of time and rises risk of file corruption during the connection.

Much faster and normally error free is to upload your processwire installation in a single zip file.

It is no use going to check if all files made it genuine to the host. If any, you will not be able to distinguish them all.

Either repack your processwire installation or use your hosters unzip facility to extract to the root host or folder tree.

Thank you for the suggestion, which makes a lot of sense. Until today I have always uploaded files with ftp.

However, my hoster does not offer a straight forward unzip facility.

Setting up a SSH connection also did not worked out. (used the same user and password as the ftp).

Anyway, I contacted my ISP voor help with the extraction.

Thank you PWIRED. You put me on the right track.

Although I couldn't figure out how to remote unzip the ProcessWire-master.zip file, is decided to give it another try and copied again all files (to another subdirectory).

Now the installation ran smoothly.

Conclusion: The installation process was halted because of missing or corrupted files. In this circumstance, an error message was not generated.

Thanks again for the help.

Leonarro