Session.php errors on installation

cmg

I have just installed PW, with apparent success - but at the very end I got a series of error messages relating to the file Session.php:

Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 246

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 249

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 250

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 251

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 252

The home page of my site displays OK, but when I click on the nav buttons I get errors. Same when I use the admin URL.

Help!

Chris

Thanks @kongondo

As you say, a similar issue, although subtly different. The thread leads off into a lot of technical stuff that's beyond me, but also raises the possibility that the problem is the version of PHP, 7.2, and that reversion to 7.1 deals with it.

My host charges extra for supporting old versions (ie before 7.2), so I don't want to even try that. Instead, I have tried moving up to 7.4 and carrying out a fresh install. I get exactly the same result.

So right now I'm a bit stuck. I'll do some more searching - my initial search failed to throw up the thread that you kindly pointed me at, so I clearly wasn't doing it thoroughly.

cheers

35 minutes ago, cmg said:

my initial search failed to throw up the thread that you kindly pointed me

Are you using the forum search? It has improved over the years but it still can't rival Google. There are a number of Google CSE implementations. See the one in my signature for instance (best forum search).

I have solved the problem by rather curious means. I had been contemplating a move away from hosting with Ionos because they don't do free SSL certificates, so I bought a very cheap hosting plan (SSL included) with OVH. PW installs there with no problem, and I now have a working site.

How the hosting setup can affect the internal operation of session.php, I have no idea. If anyone has any suggestions as to the nature of the problem, I'll pass them on to Ionos.

cheers