alanxptm

Cannot migrate from local to live

Hi, I have already tried in different ways and many times to migrate but I always have issues at the end.

Here's what I have done so far:

case 1:

1. Install PW on live server (all normal)

2. Import local DB into live DB

3. Front page site seems to work but I cannot login into admin page

case 2 (I'm currently on this stage):

1. Copied all files from local to live server

2. Import local DB into live empty DB

3. Front page works, but any other page and admin page are 404

In both cases:

- I have changed config.php info accordingly to live server (DB name, DB user and pwd, userauthsalt code)

- Uncommented RewriteBase / and RewriteBase /pw/ lines on .htaccess

- applied owner and group permissions to www-data for PW location

- applied permissions to folders and files accordingly

- applied a2enmod rewrite to apache2 on live server and restarted service

I have read some posts (Ryan's too) about migration and it seems to me that I'm doing it fine, don't know what it fails-

I'm on VMWare machine, Ubuntu Server 18.04, php 7.2, phpMyAdmin 5.0.1

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance

11 minutes ago, alanxptm said:

I have changed config.php info accordingly to live server (DB name, DB user and pwd, userauthsalt code)

The userauthsalt has to be the same as on the dev environment if you copy the DB over!

If only the home page works, it's most likely a rewrite issue. If you installed in the root directory, RewriteBase is not needed. Otherwise, set it to the subdirectory your PW installation resides in.

The issue is solved and it had nothing to do with ProcessWire.

Don't know why apache keeps reseting his <Directory /var/www/> conditions, just need to keep watching on rebooting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cmg
      I have just installed PW, with apparent success - but at the very end I got a series of error messages relating to the file Session.php:
      Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 246
      Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 249
      Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 250
      Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 251
      Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/15/d465648144/htdocs/4x3/wire/core/Session.php on line 252
      The home page of my site displays OK, but when I click on the nav buttons I get errors. Same when I use the admin URL.
      Help!
      Chris

• By rushy
      Hi. I've been using Processwire for a few years now and installed it on a few different shared hosting servers without issues, but I'm now running into an issue on a Fasthosts shared server that I've not seen before. The installation goes ok and I have a working default site profile but I am unable to complete any uploads of images. It just hangs at the progress spinner during the upload. I thought it might be a priviledge issue so have temporarily set the dir / file privs. as 777 / 666 just to test that but it made no difference. I have no errors in the wire log. In server error log I have:
      set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in ....htdocs/wire/core/ImageSizerEngine.php on line 1035 and i note in the assets/file dir. where the image is being stored the date on the file being created has a year of 1970 and 0 length. If I leave the page this file disappears and nothing has been stored. 
      Does anyone know how I can enable set_time_limit if this is likely to be the problem? 
      Many thanks! Paul
    • By Robin S
      After forgetting the class name of the wonderful AdminPageFieldEditLinks module for what feels like the 100th time I decided I needed to give my failing memory a helping hand...
      Autocomplete Module Class Name
      Provides class name autocomplete suggestions for the "Add Module From Directory" and "Add Module From URL" fields at Modules > New.
      Requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.16.
      Screencast

Installation
      Install the Autocomplete Module Class Name module.
      Configuration
      Add Module From Directory
      Choose the type of autocomplete suggestions list: "Module class names from directory" or "Custom list of module class names". The latter could be useful if you regularly install some modules and would prefer a shorter list of autocomplete suggestions. The list of class names in the modules directory is generated when the Autocomplete Module Class Name module is installed. It doesn't update automatically (because the retrieval of the class names is quite slow), but you can use the button underneath when you want to retrieve an updated list of class names from the directory. Add Module From URL
      If you want to see autocomplete suggestions for the "Add Module From URL" field then enter them in the following format:
      [autocomplete suggestion] > [module ZIP url]
      Example: RepeaterImages > https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterImages/archive/master.zip Awesomplete options
      The "fuzzy search" option uses custom filter and item functions for Awesomplete so that the characters you type just have to exist in the autocomplete suggestion item and occur after preceding matches but do not need to be contiguous. Uncheck this option if you prefer the standard Awesomplete matching. Custom settings for Awesomplete can be entered in the "Awesomplete options" field if needed. See the Awesomplete documentation for more information.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/AutocompleteModuleClassName
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/autocomplete-module-class-name/
    • By gregg
      While trying to install 3.0.123, i encountered the following error: 
           Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/naucom5/public_html/wire/core/FunctionsAPI.php on line 469
      In cPanel, i extracted the zip file to 'public_html', which created the directory 'processwire-master', and then moved the files from 'processwire-master' to 'public_html' (which previously had 1 unrelated directory).
      Installation went well choosing Uikit profile, including connecting to database. Compatibility check ok (mod_rewrite error cleared after recheck), successful database connection, config.php saved, unchecked a few cleanup items, then the error message.
      Any suggestions appreciated. 
    • By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi, I must change server provider.
      I don't want rewtrite all page and articles, what must I do?
      I download a database copy on my pc, and now?

Thanks!!