marc1n

Handling Last-Modified and If-Modified-Since

ProcessWire has builtin cache system (enabled per template basis). Why ProcessWire is not using HTTP headers Last-Modified and If-Modified-Since when cache is turned on? It seems that using this headers could increase performance and is quite easy to implement.

Good day, community!

Somehow this one was left unanswered since 2015! I have googled and found the question, but not the answer. Does anyone has a ready-made solution?

I know that processwire.com has these, but they are probably added by ProCache.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoritzLost
      Process Cache Control
      This module provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Clear the ProCache page render cache (if your site is using ProCache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Plans for improvements
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory CHANGELOG in the repository Screenshots

• By LuisM
      Hi there,
      while developing a sideproject which is completly build with ProcessModules i suddenly had the urge to measure the performance of some modules 😉 as a result, say welcome to the FlowtiAppPerformance module. 
      It comes bundled with a small helper module called FlowtiModuleProfiler. In the first release, even though you could select other modules, it will track the execution of selected Site/ProcessModules. 
      This will give you the ability to gain insights how your Application behaves. 
      The Main Module itself will come with 2 Logging Options, Database or PW Logs. Select Database for Charts and Logs...well If you just want your profiles as a simple log file in PW. 
      You also could choose to dump the request profile into TracyDebugger as shown here:

Dont wonder about my avg_sysload, somehow my laptop cant handle multiple VMs that good 😄
      Settings Screen

Monitoring

FlowtiLogs

again, dont look at the sysload 😄
      I will update the Module in the future to give some filter options and aggregation, but for now it satisfies my needs. 
      I hope it is helpfull for some. 
      Module is submited to the directory and hosted at github
      https://github.com/Luis85/FlowtiAppPerformance
      Any suggestions, wishes etc. are much appreciated. 

Cheers,
      Luis
    • By verdeandrea
      Hello,
      I am using ProCache v3.1.8 on ProcessWire 3.0.96.
      Everything worked fine in the past, but today I noticed that the css file serverd by procache gives a 410 error. 
      The file is there, I checked.
      I deleted the cached files, I deleted the css file, I looked into the .htaccess file looking for some clues about this problem but nothing worked.
      The only way i can see my website correctly again is disabling ProCache. 
      Has anyone any clue on what could be the cause of the problem or on what should I do to fix it?
      Thanks!
    • By abdulqayyum
      Hy Processwire community,
      There are some problem in fileCompiler cache.
      when i change under the directory \site\templates\ it must change under the directory /site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/
      but it does not update and functionality working with /site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/ directory.

In this case please suggest me how i clear fileCompiler cache?
      what i have to clear it manually?
      Thanks AbdulQayyum.
    • By modifiedcontent
      I had upgraded my Apache configuration to include PHP7.2 and PHP7.3 for a Laravel-based script on the same server. Somehow it/I messed up a previously fine Processwire site, in a very confusing way.
      The site still looks fine, but editing template files has no effect whatsoever. It is stuck on some kind of cached version. I have already disabled PHP7's OPcache, cleared browser caches, etc, with no effect.
      The pages now apparently come from PW's assets/cache/FileCompiler folder, even though I never enabled template caching for this site.
      I have tried adding "namespace ProcessWire;" to the top of the homepage template file, but then I get this fatal error:
      My functions.php file pulls data in from another Processwire installation on the same VPS with the following line:
      $othersitedata = new ProcessWire('/home/myaccount/public_html/myothersite/site/', 'https://myothersite.com/'); That apparently still works fine; the site still displays data from the other installation, but via the "cached" template that I am now unable to change.

I don't know where to start with this mess. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. 

Edit:
      Adding "$config->templateCompile = false;" to config.php results in the same fatal error as above.