Query in backend and generate custom results layout.

bbb

I'm trying to figure out a way how I can allow a client query and generate lists via the admin and not via de frontend where I would have to build templates and use the API to query and generate data.

For a bit of back story: the client will be able to create study courses via de admin. Visitors will be able to sign up for a course via de frontend and the details will be written to the database via de API. Visitors who have signed up will have a status: pending approval, pending payment, approved or declined. The client will be able to edit the status via de admin.

I'd like for him to be able to query the data via de admin and generate lists (search results), sort of in the way you might build frontend templates that are only accessible for the signed in admin users but then within the admin itself.

I've searched modules and the forum but haven't found anything concrete. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Which version of processwire are you using? In 2.5 should be a admin page called "Find", which allows for exactly that. To predefine multiple of those lists there's the pro version of this module in the store: https://processwire.com/talk/store/product/16-listerpro-single/. It allows for easy creation of custom listers and a few things more.

• Like 6