Only in need of admin app interface, possible?

Stikki

Howdy everyone, just switched to ProcessWire and honestly it looks amazing, haven't found much bad to say compared to other systems out there.

Who ever initially invented and got idea about hooking system this beauty is using, congrats, haven't seen one anywhere else and it seems to work in all it's simplicity.

Anyways my actual question is that can i JUST use admin interface app and Process modules if actual front is not needed, tried to find proper approach for that but since installer forces admin path creation, i tough i ask if it was originally intended to be possible or not.

I figured out you can bend this system A LOT, but didn't find direct approach to use JUST admin app build upon this beautiful framework system.

Any hints appreciated, thank you.

Stikki

• Like 2

I don't think it's possible to just have admin under yoursite.com since the homepage must always be at yoursite.com/ and it is not able to delete it. Also admin page cannot be deleted.

What I have done on one intranet site is renamed the admin page so pages are available under yoursite.com/app/ which I think is better. It's not perfect but yoursite.com/app/your-page/ is cleaner in your scenario than yoursite.com/processwire/your-page/ :)

Thanks for the answer Pete.

I figured out this already and you can actually change process of home to point down the admin, which redirects you down to the admin, no matter what.

Was looking for way to by pass PW bootstrap ProcessPageView and inject admin directly, but that didn't work, so i assume it was actually intended as it is.

Anyways system looks awesome no matter what. Have a good new year change.

• Like 1

Peter:

I was CMS Made Simple Core dev until now, long story. Then we started looking new system with my partner and tested over 40 systems? Didn't first find suitable for our needs and i almost started building my own and then we found this, which architecture is closest what i had in mind myself. Plus whole ideology behind this system seems close enough what i would prefer.

We maintained similar blog for CMSMS that Teppo maintains for you guys, dunno what will happen to that in the future, you can check that in here if you want

http://www.i-do-this.com/

And thank you :)

Now i gotta hurry for party, so check you guys later, have a good one :)

• Like 4

Welcome Stikki

Lots to do here, loads to contribute to and no one votes anyone or anything in or out. We just get on with it.

(And a tendency to be very silly a lot of the time, but we are working on that...)

• Like 1