Bloke Wot Does Websites

Joss

Still messing with this a little, but...

http://theblokewotdoeswebsites.uk/

Made with ProcessWire, of course, (2.5.3) with the Foundation 5 framework and Adobe Edge Animate on the front page.

Hanna code used a lot and Pro Cache.

Generally speaking it is more fancy to look at than fancy at the back end. That is the nice thing about ProcessWire - I could do most of what I needed without bloating it out with a ton of plugins.

All the graphics are mine (couldn't afford a proper graphic person) - except the globe

The music is played out with a very neat little library called howler.js

http://goldfirestudios.com/blog/104/howler.js-Modern-Web-Audio-Javascript-Library

It is not pro-cached yet (since I am still messing) and I haven't squished the scripts or css yet.

But, other than that, it is suitably scary.

• Like 10

Hey Joss - I like it :)

Three quick comments:

1. I don't really understand why the Click Me button goes to the Adobe website.
  2. On smaller screens the music play/stop buttons are covered by the footer making them impossible to click
  3. It would be nice to lose the horizontal scrollbar

That sudden sound made me nervous. Your website is totally NSFL (not safe for libraries)

My first reaction was to press the bandolin with the bomb, but the effect of pressing several times on the other one is far more interesting :P

I think I am suffering caching issues here somewhere.

The buttons should no longer be floating, the music should not be auto starting and the link shouldn't be going to adobe.

And all that was changed ages ago .... :(

Thanks - I knocked the tune up last night.

I seem to have hit an issue with Firefox however. The top animation is sitting outside of its center-wrapper, over to the right.

I have no idea why - fine in chrome and IE.

It WAS fine in firefox not that long ago..... grrrr