adding complexity to template forms

diogo

I'm feeling the need to have the template forms more organized to make them more readable for editors. The problem is that, it quite difficult to group pieces of information together inside the same form. I was thinking of two possible solutions for this.

One would be simply dividing the form in columns, so you could for instance, on a restaurant menu, put the name of the plates on one column, and their prices on the other.

The other would be dividing the fields into groups inside each page. I know we could make a page for each group instead, but in some situations I think it just makes it more complicated for the client. Those groups could be there only visually for the form, or they could even be called from the API, why not? $page->group1 could return an array of the fields inside that group.

Just a very rough idea, and a very rough draft on the attachment...

post-349-132614281209_thumb.png

I didn't! Thanks Soma, these are very useful and I had never look at them.

Ryan, couldn't they be used on the default site so people would be immediately aware of them?

Ryan, couldn't they be used on the default site so people would be immediately aware of them?

I want to keep the default site profile really, really simple. But also want to get some more site profiles together that the user can select from, and one of these other profiles should definitely demonstrate this feature.

One of these days I also want to figure out how to make the fieldsets/tabs indent on that asmSelect list in the template editor, as I think it looks a bit technical now.

One of these days I also want to figure out how to make the fieldsets/tabs indent on that asmSelect list in the template editor, as I think it looks a bit technical now.

I actually use this kind of spelling on fold and tab fields: DETAILS_FOLD and IMAGES_TAB. It helps to separate things, but indent would be nice. Although that is more or less of technical side of PW anyways.

Hehe funny. I'm using "_images_tab" for tabs. The other day I was trying to get them more visible by renaming them to something like "____________images_tab" - but it wouldn't let me and rename it to _images_TAB, seems like only one "_" is allowed. I was a little bit sad, but found it's ok for now, and was sure it will come up somewhere.

Good Idea with the indent Ryan!