Website for swiss engineering company

MadeMyDay

Another one finished (only german/swiss at the moment, english is in the works):

http://www.helveting.com/

• Responsive (also with responsive images + art direction via thumbnail module for the slider/header images)
  • Form Builder for applications
  • as always, the great thumbnail module from Apeisa
  • Thx to Soma for the always used SimpleMarkupNavigation module and countless others ;-)
  • Perhaps worth a mention: The locations overview, a combination of a repeater and Ryan's map marker fieldtype: http://www.helveting.com/about/organisation-und-standorte/ rendered with styled Google Maps

Feedback welcome :-)

• Like 13

thx all!

I would be interested the structure.
How many diffrent templates have you for this site ?
 and how many template per template?

Basically two, home and standard content. For the locations, jobs and news there is another template (for additional fields) but basically uses the standard template file. I still use the include logic in my templates (each template file defines parts of the main template which gets included in the end), but I am open for other approaches.

Also, I didn't expect any other font than Helvetica Neue for a company / site named Helveting

The funny thing is: I never made that connection. I used another font while designing it, but they insisted on Helvetica, which also works fine for me (here).

thx all!

Basically two, home and standard content. For the locations, jobs and news there is another template (for additional fields) but basically uses the standard template file. I still use the include logic in my templates (each template file defines parts of the main template which gets included in the end), but I am open for other approaches.

The funny thing is: I never made that connection. I used another font while designing it, but they insisted on Helvetica, which also works fine for me (here).

you talk about template files ? you mean the real *.php files or the templates with placeholders but without files ? 

and included an the end ? based on the document or how thy system knows what to show ? 

According to which criteria is decided what to show ? I have understood you correctly ? 

structure.png

I mean the way our idol is describing it here: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/740-a-different-way-of-using-templates-delegate-approach/#entry6174

;)

For most scenarios this is the best way for me. For bigger sites with a lot of different page types the "in main template logic" can get confusing or just too difficult. 

My structure is like that (simplified):

/site/templates/

home.php

standard.php

../tpl/

main.php

../css/

and so on.

In my "real" templates (meaning PW templates) "home" and "standard" I define page parts like this (simplified):

$title = $page->title;
$summary = $page-summary;
$body = $page->body;
$contact = "";
if(count($page->contact)>0) $contact = $page->contact->title;
$content = "
<main>
  <h1>{$title}</h1>
  <p class='summary'>{$summary}</p>
  {$body}
</main>";

include('tpl/main.php');

and in my main.php (simplified):

<html>
  <head>
   (...)
  </head>
  <body>
   <header>
   (...)
   </header>
   <?= $content ?>
   <footer>
    (...)
   </footer>
  </body>
</html>

Of course there is much more. But the thing is: the main.php handles the overall markup, while the templates handle the logic. In this case I use only the standard.php file while I have more templates in PW admin for presenting different fields. In my standard.php I differentiate by querying if($page->template->name == 'location') { $content .= ...list some locations } for example.

• Like 4