Theme Release: Teflon Admin Theme PW2

Soma

Thanks guys, just fixed the search option form and submited on github.

As for the error, sevarf2 I can't reproduce this. I see you put the templates-admin into the wire folder. Well. it's supposed to be in the site folder.

Well I changed something in the topnav.inc to render the submenus, could possibly have missed something, anyone get the same error?

Well I found the issue on another installation.

The include path of the topnav somehow was different from the default admin template.

I got :

<ul id='topnav' class='nav droppy'>
<?php include($config->urls->templatesAdmin . "topnav.inc"); ?>
</ul>

instead of

<ul id='topnav' class='nav droppy'>
<?php include($config->paths->templatesAdmin . "topnav.inc"); ?>
</ul>

Wonders how this doesn't cause an error on my local test server, but on the live server.

Anyway it's fixed and checked in on github. Thanks for finding it.

Very nice Soma. I really like a lot of what you are doing with this theme. And you beat me to those pulldowns–well done! I like how they work. Great job with this theme.

Only details that came up as questions during testing (and these are really minor): In the PageList, the children counts are resting on a lower baseline than everything else. I also had a little trouble with asmSelect fields (like Page references) with the colors being the same as the container. Like I said, pretty minor.

The diamond icon you have in the PageList presents some interesting possibilities, and it got me thinking. At first I thought it was a replacement for the 'move' link or something to indicate a page status. While it's only decorative now, it seems like down the road maybe there is possibility (whether in this theme or another) of having a preceding icon that is functional, whether to indicate the page's status, template, or something like that. Indicating the page's template with an icon (configured per template) was Adam's idea months ago, and I've always thought it was a good one. Though probably something we need to add to the core to make it work.

• Like 1

Very nice Soma. I really like a lot of what you are doing with this theme. And you beat me to those pulldowns–well done! I like how they work. Great job with this theme.

Thanks Ryan. Glad you like it. This theme was designed with the intention to use it for our client projects.

Yes the pulldowns were mentioned already in the forums. I did include a lightweight jquery plugin "droppy" to do the effect. It's a nice little script I used in several project and adapted some time ago with more options for different functions. I also combine it with the jquery hoverintent plugin to make it sensitive and not open when quickly moving mouse over the navigation. See my fork of the droppy plugin: https://github.com/somatonic/droppy

Only details that came up as questions during testing (and these are really minor): In the PageList, the children counts are resting on a lower baseline than everything else. I also had a little trouble with asmSelect fields (like Page references) with the colors being the same as the container. Like I said, pretty minor.

Yeah the first was intentional, but I removed it. The asmselect, I don't know what exactly you meant, but I recognized a last minute change I did, it would display the dragged list item green font with blue background. I fixed that too.

The diamond icon you have in the PageList presents some interesting possibilities, and it got me thinking. At first I thought it was a replacement for the 'move' link or something to indicate a page status. While it's only decorative now, it seems like down the road maybe there is possibility (whether in this theme or another) of having a preceding icon that is functional, whether to indicate the page's status, template, or something like that. Indicating the page's template with an icon (configured per template) was Adam's idea months ago, and I've always thought it was a good one. Though probably something we need to add to the core to make it work.

Yeah there's definately room for some features. Also remember the "image" type label I hacked the pagelist module for my moms gallery?

It would definately help to be able to specify a icon per template, to make it more clear to the user what type of "page" this is. That would be welcome.

While at it. I thought while designing this themes, there's some labeling of buttons like "save page" that needs to be reconsidered. The therm "page" as I know is meant more abstract, but that will definately confuse users, as the "page" he's editing is more like a object or image of a gallery... May just use things like "save". How are you thinking about this, as you're on the localisation of the admin? Will there be possibility to rename also the Admin Pages names? As they're not changeable atm. Also I was wondering why custom templates can't be renamed in PW?

<snip>

Will there be possibility to rename also the Admin Pages names? As they're not changeable atm. Also I was wondering why custom templates can't be renamed in PW?

+1 from me on these. When creating templates I have given them names on a couple of occasions and thought "why the heck did I call it that?" but then you have to delete it to put in a new one. I suspect it's because of selectors in templates, as changing the template name could easily break these, however if it gave you a warning when you change a template name (a javascript confirm() on template save maybe as that's more obvious?) then that would be fine.

Also, I would like to call Pages something else like Dashboard so I can add more functions to it, so renaming those would be useful too.

Finally got time to install and test this. Really nice theme Soma! Nice looking and has some cool new ideas also.

Only few minor issues:

• Dropdowns are great but too slow: I like that they slideUp slowly, but showing them should be instant or at least super fast
  • Contrast is pretty weak in dropdowns and also in breadcrumb and profile / logout links

Just noticed that when you're editing a page and you scroll down, a blue-ish 1px border seems to be present on the black header at the left and top edges. It only appears on this page though and only when you scroll down.

Other than that I've been using it for the past two hours (very latest version) and I love it :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Well, I just commited a new version with some improvements on contrast, color and the dropdown menu. Also sortable items and buttons are now in ui blueish and black on hover.

@Apeisa, thanks for mention, though I think the dropdown is fast, I hate when moving over a dropdown menu and it instantly opens all menus. That's why I use hoverintent. But you can change the settings in the init in the top of main.js to suit your likes. I also like it to respond fast and changed the interval to 50ms. Though the sensitivity I'll let at 3.

Pretty weak contrast??? You're joking right? :P Those are not really having a weak contrast by definition, this depends a lot on the screen and monitor settings. I looked at it at some differerent screens and didn't think it was too weak. Though I slightly increased the contrast in the last commit.

@Pete thanks for the kind words. Though I don't really can image what's the problem with this 1 blueish pixel border... ?

EDIT: Checked in latest version with some improvements on breadcrumbs, topnav, tabs and overall minor color changes.

• 4 months later...

I recently updated the theme to support latest PW admin changes. Like site link, language and some minor changes. I've put the "Site" link simply into the top main menu at front. That's where it makes the most sense to me and it's the one with the least resistance and cleanest (not another element to decide where it should go and something to maintain)

https://github.com/s...theme-pw2/tree/

Soma, I just installed your theme and I've got some points for you:

1) I see this site link at the bottom. I don't think it ment to be there. (FF & Chrome).

2) Translation labels don't show up in the top menu and in breadcrumbs, everything's still in English.

3) The same thing with logout and profile links.

4) I'm not sure it's the problem of the theme, but there's no margin between MapMarker's input fields.

5) The width of the top menu's dropdowns is too big for my liking, I would make it shorter :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Thanks slkwrm for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

1. Sorry I forgot in the hurry to remove the site link at bottom.

2. I overseen to update topnav.inc, though that won't translate topmenu per se. You'll have to do a translateion for /site/templates-admin/default.php yourself.

3. see 2.

4. Seems that's caused by the messed box model, I've set a padding to input fields, that will cause it to be acutally bigger than 100%, and map marker css sets the inputs to 100%. I've implemented the new css3 box-sizing and it fixes the issue, though only for modern browsers. But it's ok I think and not a "big" issue.

5. I've made it a tiny little bit smaller ;)

Thanks,

I've updated the repo on github.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Soma

It doesn't work with the new variable width fields - they still sit on separate rows :(

Take your time though - I'm only letting you know as I love this theme and use it on all PW projects :)

• 2 months later...

I just commited a major update to this theme I use every day :)

Improved page tree with some new icons. Changed login screen a bit. Changed content layout to have all content, title and tabs included with round corner and slight shadow... Made sure that everything works with field columns (had still some issues). Made the max width of layout a lot wider.

I updated the first post with the lates screen. If you happen to find any bugs or problems, please let me know so I can fix it.

Latest screen:

post-100-0-43881100-1338384924_thumb.jpg

• Like 3