Always error trying change field to type concat

Raymond Geerts

I noticed this now a couple of time so i thought i would report this as a possible bug.

When you have an existing field of the type Text, Textarea (possibly also Datetime, Email and URL) and trying to change the type to Concat it triggers a error message.

I have tried this with a field of the type Textarea, then the Type pulldown has the following options:

• Concat
  • Datatime
  • Email
  • Text
  • Textarea
  • URL

After the error is shown i have tried again to modify the type from Textarea to Concat and that worked fine, no error.

It looks like it has problem trying to modify a field that needs no actualy table in the database (concat field)

The module's getCompatibleFieldtypes() function returns a blank array, meaning it's not compatible with any other fieldtypes (for the purpose of changing type). I did just test to be sure, but it doesn't let me change the type of a concat field. But then I tried to change an existing text field to a concat–now I see the issue. Ideally, it wouldn't let you convert an existing text field to a concat field. I'll have to think a little more on the best way to prevent that. I may have to modify the concat fieldtype to stop extending FieldtypeText.