Core ImageManipulation

horst

what (default) settings have you used for upscaling and cropping when called $img->size(200,100) ?

(ich frage hier auch noch mal nach falls Du die Email nicht siehst. skype nutze / habe ich nicht)

EDIT 1:

I got the mail :)

EDIT 2:

issue seems to be solved!  (PR will follow)

Edited by horst
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Is there a way to apply the autoRotation setting to images uploaded in the backend?

AFAIK the imageSizerOptions only apply to images on the front end. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

this is wrong, imagesizeroptions apply to _all_ images that imagesizer handles.  :)

=> https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6848-recognising-image-orientation-on-upload/

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else had issues with orientation in the Select Image modal?  While it renders correctly in the WYSIWYG and Image field, it doesn't seem to reflect those changes in Select Image.  I assume it's because it's the orientation is changed in the resize() function.  This is in PW 2.4.0, and it appears to reorient only in the WYSIWYG in 2.5.

Thanks!

evan

What does you mean with "the Select Image Modal"?

Do you mean the fullsize image, the original image in the Backend?

We do not overwrite the original images, this is answered and linked to a few times, also directly in the post above yours: => https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6848-recognising-image-orientation-on-upload/

If you have images that have a wrong rotation setting and you upload those images, the original image stays untouched (with wrong orientation setting), but all derived variations are auto-rotated to the correct orientation.

I'm referring to the image insert option in CK Editor or TinyMCE.  Maybe this is the same question as above, but I find it a bit confusing UI-wise when resizing, as it displays the original image with the original orientation, but renders rotated after inserted.  I'm wondering if it's possible to make the image display consistent -- by hooking into the WYSIWYG image insert option, pre-processing all uploaded images, or whatever.  Not sure what the best approach would be to achieve this, or if it's possible at all.

Thanks!

There is one possible workaround: if your images with wrong orientations couldn't be corrected before uploading, and all of them have greater dimensions as you maximal need for your site output, you can define the max-image-dimensions under Setup -> Fields -> (name of your images field) -> TAB:input - [Max Image Dimensions]. All (original)-images that have greater width or height then defined there gets resized with autorotation and saved as original image on upload. (Personally I don't like this behave because in some cases it could do damage to the original images like I have described in the linked post above.)