[SOLVED] TinyMCE confusion in high order

Boost

Hi,

This question is not about the custom CSS styles that we can add to TinyMCE that end up showing up in the Format drop-down menu. This is about the TinyMCE-generated classes. For example, if you select a text and go to Format -> Align -> Left, the editor will output the text with a "aling_left" class. My confusion is here. Is there a way to modify that? So, instead of output "align_left", it would output "uk-text-left".

Any help will be appreciated!

• Like 1

Hi @Boost,

I don't have much experience with the new TinyMCE yet, but I couldn't find a way to rename classes of the default styles.

But you can hide the default styles and add your own classes:

#Align { display: none }
#UIkit .uk-text-left { text-align: left } /* Text Left */
#UIkit .uk-text-center { text-align: center } /* Text Center */
#UIkit .uk-text-right { text-align: right } /* Text Right */

Source: https://processwire.com/blog/posts/using-tinymce-6-in-processwire/#specifying-element.class-versus-just-class

Regards, Andreas

• Boost changed the title to [SOLVED] TinyMCE confusion in high order
On 10/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, Boost said:

Thanks! Custom JSON is the way to go!

@Boost I have the exact same need to see TinyMCE generating the uk-text-left class, instead the align_left one.

I tried dozents of JSON-instructions in Default setting overrides JSON text, i.e.

{
    "replace_alignleft": {
        "classes": "uk-align-left",
        "selector": "img"
    },
    "replace_aligncenter": {
        "classes": "uk-align-center",
    },
    "replace_alignright": {
        "classes": "uk-align-right",
    }
}

and changed the whitelist (.., img[class=uk-align-left|uk-align-right|uk-align-center], ..) to accept the new classes, but no effect.

Did you get it done and if, can you please share your JSON?🙏👋

11 hours ago, sebibu said:

@Boost I have the exact same need to see TinyMCE generating the uk-text-left class, instead the align_left one.

I tried dozents of JSON-instructions in Default setting overrides JSON text, i.e.

{
    "replace_alignleft": {
        "classes": "uk-align-left",
    },
    "replace_aligncenter": {
        "classes": "uk-align-center",
    },
    "replace_alignright": {
        "classes": "uk-align-right",
    }
}

and changed the whitelist (.., img[class=uk-align-left|uk-align-right|uk-align-center], ..) to accept the new classes, but no effect.

Did you get it done and if, can you please share your JSON?🙏👋

Yeah, I'm still having issues. @JoseFrasher links helped, but I'm not yet able to get it fully working. Every time I fix something, another gets broken😒 However @7Studio post did the trick for the images 🙌 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7Studio said:

TinyMCE inherits this class names from the Page Edit Image module, you can change these classes in the: modules -> configure -> ProcessPageEditImageSelect module

Thanks so much, @7Studio! This works.
Now it makes sense, that I saw the placeholders {alignleft}, {aligncenter} and {alignright} in the JSON-file „wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/defaults.json“. Thread-topic solved.😎

Yes, @AndZyks links are really helpful, but i still have to make friends with the syntax.😇

1 hour ago, Boost said:

Yeah, I'm still having issues. @JoseFrasher links helped, but I'm not yet able to get it fully working. Every time I fix something, another gets broken😒

What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe me or someone more experienced can help.

• Like 1

That's a good point! Default elements <strong> and <em> are styled in my UIkit-frontend, so I didn't thought about that.

In the JSON-file „wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/defaults.json“ I can see that the CSS-classes for text-aligning of elements p,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,td,th,div,(table,)img,figure,audio,video is also defined via placeholder {alignleft}, {aligncenter}, {alignright} and {alignfull}, but I wasn't able to find the place were the values of these placeholders are defined so far.🤔

I suspected in module-configuration of InputfieldTinyMCE, but that's not the case.
Via  „Default setting overrides JSON (text/file)“ it is certainly possible to overwrite the placeholders, but I am still struggling with the syntax.😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, sebibu said:

That's a good point! Default elements <strong> and <em> are styled in my UIkit-frontend, so I didn't thought about that.

In the JSON-file „wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/defaults.json“ I can see that the CSS-classes for text-aligning of elements p,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,td,th,div,(table,)img,figure,audio,video is also defined via placeholder {alignleft}, {aligncenter}, {alignright} and {alignfull}, but I wasn't able to find the place were the values of these placeholders are defined so far.🤔

I suspected in module-configuration of InputfieldTinyMCE, but that's not the case.
Via  „Default setting overrides JSON (text/file)“ it is certainly possible to overwrite the placeholders, but I am still struggling with the syntax.😎

I'm not necroposting here, I'm just curious if @sebibu got any further with TinyMCE 😉

On 10/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, sebibu said:

These are read from the module configuration of ProcessPageEditImageSelect ("Page Edit Image" in Modules -> Configure) in InputfieldTinyMCESettings:getAlignClasses() and applied in InputfieldTinyMCESettings::getDefaults().