rjgamer

Cannot set current time to datetime field

Hi guys,

the field "redirect_last" of type DateTime got not updated. The update on the field "redirect_counter" works and got saved.

Does anybody know what I did wrong in my code?

if ($input->urlSegment(1) === 'redirect') {
    $page->of(false);

$page->redirect_last = time();
    $page->redirect_counter += 1;

if ($page->save('redirect_counter')) {
        $session->redirect($page->website_url, 302);
    }
}

Thanks.

You aren't saving the redirect_last field. Also, I don't think it is necessary to test the counter prior to redirecting. Try this and see if it fits your needs.

if ($input->urlSegment(1) === 'redirect') {
    $page->of(false);

$page->redirect_last = time();
    $page->redirect_counter += 1;

$page->save();

$session->redirect($page->website_url, 302);

}

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Omfg, I was blind. 🙂

From...

$page->save('redirect_counter')

...to...

$page->save()

...did it.

Sometimes I cannot see the tree because of the forest... or somehow. 🙂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By killedfriendz
      I am very sorry for asking this but i totally do not understand how to set values of checbox using API. 
      I have checbox field on my page with name "order_status". 
      So i've tried few ways to make it checked but it still doesn't work:

$userPage->order_status->value = 1; $userPage->order_status->add(1); $userPage->order_status->add(true); Could you please tell me how to do it?
    • By totoff
      Dear all,
      I'm upgrading an older side with the new custom fields for images feature as of 3.0.142. My image field is set to "Automatic" and holds a bunch of images together with their respective description on each page. New custom fields include "caption" among others and to make my live easier I I'm trying to populate "caption" with the value from the (default) description field. But unfortunately I can't seem to find out how to save the newly set values. This is my code:
      <?php foreach (page()->images as $image) { $image->set('caption', $image->description); bd($image->caption); echo files()->render("markup/views/view-card-image-fancybox.php", array('image'=>$image)); } ?> <?php $page->save(); bd($page->save()); ?> This sets the value as intended (see screenshot) but doesn't save it permanently to the database. What am I doing wrong?
      Thanks!

• By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      I have an interesting task which i cannot fulfill as i want. Maybe someone could help me please?
      Let's imagine a simple page structure of this kind:
      Category 1
      + Item 1.1
      + Item 1.2
      Category 2
      + Item 2.1
      + Item 2.2
      My task is to attach some items to more than one category, at least to show some items on different frontend category pages. With PW, it's a piece of cake. I've just created a field called Items (of type Page Reference) and attrached it to Category template. Since i have lots of items inside each category i preferred to use Page Autocomplete input for my Items field. The pages available for autocomplete are restricted by a very simple selector:
      template=item
      It works like a charm. But later i decided to make this autocomplete even smarter and to exclude current category children items from it. I tried to update my selector this way...
      template=item,parent!=(page)
      ...and oops, this broke my selector. My autocomplete founds nothing. Sorry, i had to replace the square braces by () because of this forum limitations, i swear i'm using square brackets in real-life selector!
      What am i doing wrong? And is there any way to include current page info in autocomplete-related selectors? Thanks in advance!