Exception: Page is not currently viewable when using $page->children('include=all') and role cannot page-edit

SwimToWin

I have a nested page structure that fails for users without superuser permissions:

Works for superusers / non-superusers:
    - foo
    -- bar
    --- page (status: published)
    ---- page (status: published)

Fails for non-superusers (Works for superusers):
    - foo
    -- bar
    ---- page (status: published)
    --- page (status: unpublished <- apparently the template structure fails when there's one unpublished page)

Template:

<?php foreach ($page->children('include=all') as $p): #Fails for non-superusers ?>
        <?=$p->render()?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>

a) Works for non-superusers when I grant Page Edit permissions (on the template) to their assigned role/s.

b) When I remove 'include=all' or 'include=unpublished' then it also works for non-superusers:

<?php foreach ($page->children() as $p): #Works for non-superusers ?>
        <?=$p->render()?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>

Error message (non-superusers)
    Internal Server Error
        The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
        Error has been logged.

/www/site/assets/logs/errors.txt
        /foo/bar/baz/    Error:     Exception: Page '/foo/bar/baz/quz/' is not currently viewable.

/www/site/assets/logs/exceptions.txt
        /foo/bar/baz/    Page '/foo/bar/baz/quz/' is not currently viewable. (in /wire/modules/PageRender.module line 410)

Debug (non-superusers)

Error: Exception: Page '/foo/bar/baz/quz/' is not currently viewable. (in wire/modules/PageRender.module line 410)

#0 wire/core/Wire.php (397): PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
    #1 wire/core/WireHooks.php (823): Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
    #2 wire/core/Wire.php (465): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
    #3 wire/core/WireHooks.php (924): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
    #4 wire/core/Wire.php (465): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(Page), 'render', Array)
    #5 site/templates/template.php (191): Wire->__call('render', Array)

// 'include=all' includes access restricted pages, check access via function viewable() before using render()
foreach ($page->children('include=all') as $p) {
    if ($p->viewable()) $p->render();
}

// without argument (selector) access restricted pages are excluded by default
foreach ($page->children() as $p) {
    $p->render();
}

Why do you want to render multiple pages?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By spercy16
      I was hoping to be able to do this entirely in PHP but was having all kind of issues getting it to see my values as numbers instead of strings (got error messages because my PW debugging is currently set to true). I currently have about 10 cards that PW is generating that include thumbnails, descriptions, donation amounts (raised amounts and goal amounts), and donate buttons. What I was trying to do was take the goal amount divide it by the raised amount (using PHP) and simply insert that value into the Progress element's Value attribute. Sounded simple enough but I couldn't get PHP to simply divide those two fields. First I tried dividing the goal value by the raised value and inserting it into the value attribute, like so:
      <? php $raised = $page->get("raisedAmount$count"); $goal = $page->get("goalAmount$count"); $percent = $goalNum / $raisedNum; ?> <progress value="<?php echo $percent; ?>" max="100"></progress> Which gave me this error message:
      Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string / string
      Then I tried converting the two strings to integers because apparently PHP couldn't detect they were numbers and do it, like so:
      <?php $raised = $page->get("raisedAmount$count"); $goal = $page->get("goalAmount$count"); $goalNum = (int) $goal; $raisedNum = (int) $raised; if ($raisedNum != 0) : $percent = $goalNum / $raisedNum; else: $percent = 0; endif; ?> <progress value="<?php echo $percent; ?>" max="100"></progress> but all of the progress bars remain at zero percent (not shown), even when I have values in some of the $raised variables.
      Please note, if I add this code:
      <?php echo $percent; ?> below the Progress element, it shows 0 on every single card, so the $percent is never calculated (as per the $percent = $goalNum / $raisedNum;) even though $raisedNum should not equal 0 during that iteration of the loop (the original code includes a loop, which I omitted to keep the code sections above smaller, notice the $count at the end of the $raised and $goal variable declarations). When the loop goes over "raisedAmount1" there is a value in there; however, after typecasting it to an integer ($raisedNum) the value is 0 for someodd reason instead of 40,000, which is what is in the $raisedAmount1 field in Processwire...
      I'm new to relatively new to PHP and Processwire and could really use some help on this one. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
    • By jonatan
      "Permission “page-sort” for template “ ... ” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission)"

– This lovely error message is thrown at me, if, as implied by it, I try to add (to my "editor" role) the permission "page-sort" for a specific template, without the permission "page-edit" enabled for the same template.
      Seems like it's been mentioned a few times before but never properly answered, by e.g. @Robin S ... :  
      "Allow the granting of page-sort permission independent of page-edit": https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/29

Why do I wanna do this?:

I have a page tree structure  🌳  as so:

Category [C1]
      – Page a [C1_p] – Page b [C1_p] Different category [C2]
      – Page c [C2_p] – Page d [C2_p] ________________________

The page "Category" has the page-template "C1",
      the pages "Page a" and "Page b" both have the page-template "C1_p".
      The page "Different category" has the page-template "C2"
      the pages "Page c" and "Page d" both have the page-template "C2_p".

The two pages called "Category" and "Different category" do not have any content, they only serve as containers for pages belonging to that category.

I want my "editor" role not to be able to do anything at all with these pages "Category" and "Different category"; i.e. I do not want my editor to be able to edit, move, unpublish, hide, lock, delete (or do anything else to) these category pages. 
      – So, I want my "editor" role to have the "page-edit" permission for pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p", but not for the pages with the category templates "C1" and "C2",
      Also, I want my "editor" role to be able to move the pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p" within their parent-pages. 

Problem:

But if I just simply add the "page-edit" and the "page-move" permissions for the "C1_p" and "C2_p" templates, then, using the "editor" role, I am not able to move these "C1_p" (and "C2_p") -template-based pages. I can actually click "MOVE" next to them and then move them, but... then I will be met by the error message "You do not have permission to sort pages using this parent - /Category/".  
      – So, I try to add the "page-sort" (description: "permission to sort child pages") permission to the "C1" and "C2" templates... but then trying to do so I am met by the initially mentioned error message   ! Permission “page-sort” for template “C1” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission)  . 
      And, as mentioned, I do not want my editor role users to be able to edit these category ("C1" and "C2") pages...
      – what to do about this? 😅 

All the best,
      Jonatan 
    • By FireWire
      Hey all. I'm having an issue with the new custom page classes feature which is a fantastic tool.
      I am running into a recursion issue when attempting to call a custom page class. I have a class called BlogPostPage.php (for blog-post.php) which contains a method called getSummary(). That method gets a summary field or truncates the body in it's absence. I've attached photos of the template code, custom page class code (which I've simplified for testing), and the PW output error.
      There is no recursion in the getSummary() method. This error occurs whether I output multiple blog posts in a loop or if I output one blog post with no looping in my template code.

In use:
      ProcessWire 3.0.164 dev
      PHP 7.3.13

I am also using the Template Engine Twig module which has not caused any errors or issues thus far.
      Many thanks!

• By neonwired
      I'm hoping someone has seen this before. There doesn't appear to be an issue with the user info.

• By EyeDentify
      Hello Dear PW Gurus.

Hope you fair well in these Corona Crisis times.

Anyhow, i have a problem with a Cryptic error message that shows up when i am trying to Delete images out of a Images field.
      The Error message does say a little but it does not make sense to me why i can´t delete the images because of it.

Is it some permission issue perhaps?

I will attach screenshots of it and what i did prior to it.
      I am from sweden so ignore the funny words here and there.

Hope you all can send me on the right track.
      i am running PW 3.0.139 on this install.

Step1:

Step 2: Select the images with the trashcan symbol

Step 3: Cryptic Error message

I am scratching my head on this one, have not seen this before.

Thankfull for all help.
      /EyeDentify