Pete

yeah apeisa and even with tabs (from paste) :D
But does copypasted tab work? 

Anyways, I think Pete is hero!

Apeisa zhats what meant copy paste tabs work. Finally
Am I little slow or something?

I'm saying noooooooooothing ;)

• Like 1

Tina: there were some JS problems that caused that. Please do hard refresh (F5 or CMD/CTRL + r) and it should work again.
Luis & Tina - might be a cache issue? Try a few CTRL & F5's to see if it sorts it please as there was an issue yesterday briefly when a lot of people were online that I fixed.

I cleared my cache before posting to see if that was it (is that the same as a hard refresh? lol)

Anyhow, I just checked now and the top right admin bar area works again. Yay!

Pete this upgrade is great. I can actually enter code and have the formatting retained. I can even go back and edit it, and all is good. It looks to me like IP.Board has fixed the bugs finally! 

Hey Pete,

Excellent job!  Everything works very nicely.

One odd thing I noticed is that if I access the forum from my iPad, I cannot use the WYSIWYG features.  And if I edit and save a post using the iPad, it injects loads of < br /> elements.  Not sure if this is a forum or iPad issue.

Thanks,

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

There appear to be some ongoing issues since the upgrade and some of it seems to be down to some weird mish-mash of old and new code in the new template - evidently the update did not run as smoothly as it seemed!

Since there's a minor upgrade required due to another recent release, what I'll likely do soon is start from scratch with a blank installation locally and copy the edits made for the current theme over the top of that and then re-import it. It's a bit of work, but not as much as it sounds to be honest.

In the meantime, those experiencing issues on Chrome might like to try a different browser. @Nik: this means one with a GUI :P

• Like 2

I prefer to have to continue having to edit the post everytime to fix the code then changing from chrome to another browser  -_-

Dead right!

(Psst! Where is the code edit button?)

murof eht htiw gnorw gnihtyna ees t'nac I ,yawynA

ssoJ

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, I'll be updating the software and applying the new theme again in about 20 minutes time, so hopefully this will fix the various issues people have been encountering once and for all.

Failing that we could always switch back to the alt.fan.processwire newsgroup as those things used to work consistently (yes, that is fictional :D).

REALLY infuriatingly something has gone wrong again with the editor.

It works locally, it doesn't after uploading. I'm trying to find the cause of the issue and at least get the editor working, but somewhere between my PC and the server something goes haywire :(

For now, if you really want to post, switch to the mobile theme whilst I work this out.

Once I've got the editor working I'm passing this over to the software devs as it is frankly doing my head in now that it works fine locally and then messes up on the live site every time. It's not just the editor though, a host of javascript issues are present no matter how many times or in what mode I re-upload the files.

Okay, the editor is back again so we can use the forums (hurrah!).

Here's a quick update - I've had to hardcode a setting into a JS file to get it working, so looking through various things and the fact that there are still a few invisible errors behind the scenes I think there's something wrong that's taken hold during a past update and each update is making it slightly worse.

As such, I'm going to pass it over to the devs to look into now to see if they can find the cause and sort it out.

In the meantime, I don't think any of the other errors people have been reporting will have been fixed, but nor should they hopefully be any worse. In short, the core code is up to date and we're all secure, but the user experience is no different than before until I get to the bottom of this.

• Like 3

Pete, any chance of a new "like" button.

Basically, I want one that says:

"I like this. I don't understand a bloody word of it and I cant get it to work, but I do like it."

I have needed that a couple of times today.....

• Like 1

Just a little note to the forum search:

I can't search for "url". Maybe it's to short for a legit search string. But when I search for "url naming" or "url segments" it throws away the "url" and only searches for "naming" or "segments".

Using google with "url processwire" works fine ;)

Writing an answer sometimes the editor doesn't let me create signs that need the "Alt/Options" key to be pressed.

For example "@" or "#". I can solve this by leaving the editor, focus something else and then give the focus back

to the editor. Not that evil but the first time I almost went crazy :P

Firefox, Mac os x

• 1 month later...

I just noticed something odd too - sometimes, the number of pages is incorrect when you're viewing page 1 of a longer discussion.

See here for example - it displays "page 1 of 4", but it only shows page links for pages 1 through 3 ... once you go to page 2 or higher, the 4th page link appears.