a.masca

Problems with roles to add pages

Goodmorning everyone,
sorry for the inconvenience but I have a problem that I can't find in any other post.
Strange things happen on a site:
- despite everything being configured correctly (as already done in dozens of other sites) only superusers can create new pages
- if I insert in a selector "include = all" the result is always 0
- I should restore a series of pages incorrectly inserted in the trash, but I cannot select them with the selector "status = Trash"

Some idea?
Thanks so much for your valuable support.

In an old project i can see that i put this into find

....parent=/trash/, include=all,....

Was not able to test it. Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, huseyin said:

In an old project i can see that i put this into find

....parent=/trash/, include=all,....

Was not able to test it. Hope it helps.

Thank you very much. It works!!

But the other problems still remain.
Especially the fact that only users with superuser role can add pages.

Some idea?

Thank you

Please check access settings in the related page template and parent page template.

34 minutes ago, kixe said:

Please check access settings in the related page template and parent page template.

Thank you for the suggestion
Already done and everything is ok but the problem is still here ..

only users with superuser role can add pages

thank you anyway

My english knowladge is no very well.

I have read your first message after and after but did not understand the problem. Either i was not able to anderstand or there is not enough information to describe the problem.

Do you get any error message while you try to create page with an other user except superuser role. 

Any detail could help to understand the problem.

19 hours ago, huseyin said:

My english knowladge is no very well.

I have read your first message after and after but did not understand the problem. Either i was not able to anderstand or there is not enough information to describe the problem.

Do you get any error message while you try to create page with an other user except superuser role. 

Any detail could help to understand the problem.

Hi huseyin
thank you very much for the response.

Also my English is terrible (I'm from Italy) 🙂

I have a test site: https://village.arkenu.it/pw

you can enter with superuser role
id: pwforum
psw: ######## (I can send you via pm)

or with user that have only test_admin role (which should be able to create pages but fails)
id: test_admin
psw: ######## (I can send you via pm)

Thank you very much for any ideas!!

Andrea

sorry, wanted to try something and now i cant access the admin page.😌

at last action i changed the access option for the admin template to "No". See attached image.

after this setting the admin login disappeared.

Hope this can be reverted from the database.🙏

admin.jpg

2 minutes ago, huseyin said:

sorry, wanted to try something and now i cant access the admin page.😌

at last action i changed the access option for the admin template to "No". See attached image.

after this setting the admin login disappeared.

Hope this can be reverted from the database.🙏

admin.jpg

No problem, now is ok.

Thank you very very much for watching my problem!!!

Did you made any hook additions like in the 2. second message of this topic:

yes no problem!

I'm looking for your suggestion about hooks but I didn't find nothing yet

Thank you
Andrea

I thing it is resolved. Please test.

If it is resolved you may uninstall Tracy debugger.

The reason was;

The "Add Page" under Admin>Pages was unpublished.

addpage.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, huseyin said:

I thing it is resolved. Please test.

If it is resolved you may uninstall Tracy debugger.

The reason was;

The "Add Page" under Admin>Pages was unpublished.

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!

Thank you very very very much!!!!

Sorry, I don't know why this was unpublished.

I hope that in the future I will be able to reciprocate.

Andrea

No problem, your wellcome.

I could learn much from your project.

I have a website where i want to have user registration and let users add their company and products or services related to theese companies.

I have not build a website with api user registration and api user managed content before. So little bit afraid of doing unsecure logic.

Do i need the pro login or is it ok with the regular login module.

What have i to take care especialy for secure user driven site.

The site is www.kentvitrini.com

News, business directory, event calendar. Categorised by cities.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now