[forum] I just wrote 1,500th post! :)

Adam Kiss

Since Ryan already has more posts than all forum when I wrote this, it seems pointless.

It is mostly for fun, but it really shows that growth is accelerating all the time. And Ryan's percentage from total is actually less than it used to be (still around 30% of all messages).

• 8 months later...

There are some good stats in there - I think I can pull new registrations over time in daily/weekly/monthly format, but more useful would be new topics and new posts over time since a lot of registrations might be spam accounts that get automatically blocked.

There should certainly be some awesome statistics on Google Analytics for the forums to se how much traffic we're getting - I bet both that graph ad the forum posts/topics graph will be on a nice upward curve :)

Talking about forum features, I just leave this here: Is it possible to enable a fulltext RSS feed? At the moment only the thread headlines are provided, which is a bit little information ;-)

Last I checked it wasn't and the RSS options seemed a bit limited. But Pete's been putting in some upgrades to the forums lately and so this may have changed. I will make a note to check this when I get back unless Pete already knows the answer.

There indeed seemed to be an option called RSS Export Includes First Post of Topic so I've switched it on and it should now include the first post

This was there before I think, but I don't think it's what we want (?). It's the latest posts that people are looking for in this field rather than latest topics. Now it seems to be feeding us a combination: topics that have the latest post in them, but instead giving us the first post in the topic (which may be old). That seems confusing to me, which is why I left it out of the original feed. Ideally it would give us the actual latest post, but I didn't see that option in IPB. Seems like a strange omission? :huh: There must be some technical reason for it.

The latest post wouldn't make much sense though - if you've not read all the posts in between the time you read the last post in a topic to the latest one it would be a bit confusing. Plus, in a lot of the general help type topics, the last post would be variations on "thanks" ;)

This thread started as a result of our 1500th post, and we are now well over our 15,000th, in a relatively short period of time. Now thinking of the huge celebration we should have when we reach our 150,000th post. :) Thanks to everyone here for making this such a great community!

---

Edit: I removed the 500th member thing, as Pete correctly pointed out to me that the system still has some banned users in it, so we don't have a way of telling exactly who the 500th real member is. Sorry Ralph99. :)

• Like 3

Hi ryan, hi PW Community.

no worry about the 500th member ;) when i saw that right at my registration i was the 501...

But the main point is that i´m glad to be here !!

Thanks Ralf

ps: i´ve got my first post 8)

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

The PW forum  is great!

I learned a lot but still have a long way to go to contribute more. At least I hope the other members can learn from some of my newbie mistakes. 

Congrats to all the PW community  and a big thanks for sharing their knowledge. 

• Like 3

Top graph is posts made per month, bottom is cumulative over the same time period. Nice!

post-1-0-76728100-1381256096_thumb.gif

It's not gone vertical on the cumulative posts, but that's fine as I'm still many pages of unread posts behind where I'd like to be :)

• Like 4