Hubris

How to use numeric values on page reference field selector?

Hi there!

I'm using some page reference fields to create lists of tags, categories, years, etc.. I'm able to find the pages like so:

$pages->find("template=project, {$filter}={$page->title}");

Which dynamically does something like: 

$pages->find("template=project, tags=Experimental");

Only if the value (the page name, like "Experimental") starts with letters. If it starts with numbers, find returns nothing.

Why is this and how can I fix it?

No problem here finding matches for a Page Reference field containing pages whose title starts with numbers. If the search value only contains numbers then the value will be interpreted as a page ID.

In any case it's good to be specific about what you are wanting to match against to avoid any confusion. So if you want to match against the title use tags.title as $filter in your example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Correction for future reference: indeed, with only numbers.

I thought it was about being interpreted as page ID, but a type conversion thing. I have no ideia how I missed subfield selectors... -_-

Thank you!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Roberts R
      I have simple page structure:
      category subcategory simple-product simple-product simple-product simple-product subcategory .... category2 so Im at category page and running
      $pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page, limit=8"); and it returns 0 pages

but this returns 4 pages
      $pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page"); Can someone explain why limit does not work here?
      EDIT:
      So I did some tests and it seems that any limit=n where n is >= actual page count that is possible ... selector return 0 results.
    • By DV-JF
      Hi, 
      I'm using this kind of setup (https://processwire.com/blog/posts/language-access-control-and-more-special-permissions/#language-page-edit-permissions) in order to control the page edit permissions. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to hide the "none-ediable" language-tabs instead of striking them through.

Many greets...

• By Robin S
      Another little admin helper module...
      Template Field Widths
      Adds a "Field widths" field to Edit Template that allows you to quickly set the widths of inputfields in the template.

Why?
      When setting up a new template or trying out different field layouts I find it a bit slow and tedious to have to open each field individually in a modal just to set the width. This module speeds up the process.
      Installation
      Install the Template Field Widths module.
      Config options
      You can set the default presentation of the "Field widths" field to collapsed or open. Field widths entered into the Template Field Widths inputfield are only applied if the Edit Template form is submitted with the Template Field Widths inputfield in an opened state. "Collapsed" is the recommended setting if you think you might also use core inputs for setting field widths in a template context. You can choose Name or Label as the primary identifier shown for the field. The unchosen alternative will become the title attribute shown on hover. You can choose to show the original field width next to the template context field width.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TemplateFieldWidths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-field-widths/
    • By Macaco
      Hi there, 
      I have two templates that should talk to each other. One is for events which should access a list of artists (eventually add a new artist) and their images related to that event; the second is the artist page, which the user should be able to add or remove events that they participated, also mentioning which images are related to each event.
      Some sort of feedback loop between the two.
      I have tried searching around the community and google, but maybe I'm not formulating the question properly. 
      Thank you all for the amazing work with Processwire and the community support. I have made a few websites with PCW yet I'm still quite between beginner and intermediate.
    • By jds43
      Hello, I have a Page Reference by template radio button field to promote a certain page (only two options), but I'd like to target the page that isn't selected. This would be used dynamically throughout the site.
      Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Would I use something like remove() or not()?