Hubris

How to use numeric values on page reference field selector?

Hi there!

I'm using some page reference fields to create lists of tags, categories, years, etc.. I'm able to find the pages like so:

$pages->find("template=project, {$filter}={$page->title}");

Which dynamically does something like: 

$pages->find("template=project, tags=Experimental");

Only if the value (the page name, like "Experimental") starts with letters. If it starts with numbers, find returns nothing.

Why is this and how can I fix it?

No problem here finding matches for a Page Reference field containing pages whose title starts with numbers. If the search value only contains numbers then the value will be interpreted as a page ID.

In any case it's good to be specific about what you are wanting to match against to avoid any confusion. So if you want to match against the title use tags.title as $filter in your example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Correction for future reference: indeed, with only numbers.

I thought it was about being interpreted as page ID, but a type conversion thing. I have no ideia how I missed subfield selectors... -_-

Thank you!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Macaco
      Hi there, 
      I have two templates that should talk to each other. One is for events which should access a list of artists (eventually add a new artist) and their images related to that event; the second is the artist page, which the user should be able to add or remove events that they participated, also mentioning which images are related to each event.
      Some sort of feedback loop between the two.
      I have tried searching around the community and google, but maybe I'm not formulating the question properly. 
      Thank you all for the amazing work with Processwire and the community support. I have made a few websites with PCW yet I'm still quite between beginner and intermediate.
    • By jds43
      Hello, I have a Page Reference by template radio button field to promote a certain page (only two options), but I'd like to target the page that isn't selected. This would be used dynamically throughout the site.
      Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Would I use something like remove() or not()?

• By Robin S
      Thanks to @Macrura for the idea behind this module.
      Page Field Info
      Adds information about options in Page Reference fields. Supports InputfieldSelect and inputfields that extend InputfieldSelect:
      InputfieldSelect InputfieldRadios InputfieldSelectMultiple InputfieldCheckboxes InputfieldAsmSelect Requires ProcessWire >= 3.0.61 and AdminThemeUikit.
      Screenshots
      Field config

Example of changes to inputfield

Example of info field filled out in Page Edit

Installation
      Install the Page Field Info module.
      Configuration
      In the Input tab of the settings for a Page Reference field...
      Tick the "Add info tooltips to options" checkbox to enable tooltips for the options in the field. Tooltips are not possible for Select or AsmSelect inputfield types so for those types you would want to tick the next option. Tick the "Append info about selected options" checkbox to append information about the selected options to the bottom of the inputfield. If the Page Reference field is a "multiple pages" field then the info for each selected option will be prefixed with the option label (so the user will know what option each line of info relates to). In the "Info field" dropdown select a text field that will contain information about the page, to be used in the tooltips and appended info. Of course this field should be in the template(s) of the selectable pages for the Page Reference field. Hook
      In most cases the "Info field" will supply the text for the tooltips and appended info, but for advanced usages you can hookPageFieldInfo::getPageInfo() to return the text. For example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('PageFieldInfo::getPageInfo', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); // The page $inputfield = $event->arguments(1); // InputfieldPage $field = $event->arguments(2); // The Page Reference field $info = $event->return; // Text from the info field, if any // Set some custom text as the $event->return... });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageFieldInfo
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-field-info/
    • By gregory
      Hi guys. I need to create a field (link field) that allows me to select the internal pages to use as links. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
    • By Elchin
      Hi.
      I want select pages where now between date and end_date or now bigger than date and end_date is empty.
      I have five tried variants:
      $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("foo=(date<$start,date_end=''),bar=(date<$start,date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date<$start,(date_end='',date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end=''|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("!date_end|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end>=$start|!date_end,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); All this variants not worked for me and returned zero results.