horst

How to catch 404 before PW reacts on it?

Hey,

I want to hook into the 404 handling of PW at the most earliest stage. Pleas can anybody point me to the hook or file that suits this best?

I remember doing it by hooking before ProcessPageView::pageNotFound(). Not sure if you can hook earlier...

HTH 😉

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By picarica
      Hello so am trying to make a hook so that all checkbox field is defaul;ty checked when making new page, soo i made hook in init.php and the contents are
      <?php $wire->addHookAfter("Pages::added", function($event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); // check for page template if necessary here $page->checkboxfield('check', 1); }); ?> and what i get
      which is weird because "table" is a repeat field where checkboxfield is nowhere present, but table repeat field and checkboxfield are in the same template, so why does it outputs error like that? any ideas ?
    • By jploch
      Hi folks,
      i try to use a hook to change some markup inside admin, this hook works fine inside a ready.php file, but its not working inside my module:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; class InputfieldPageTableExtendedGrid extends InputfieldPageTable { public static function getModuleInfo() { return array( 'title' => __('Inputfield for PageTableExtendedGrid', __FILE__), // Module Title 'summary' => __('Adds Inputfield for PageTableExtendedGrid', __FILE__), // Module Summary 'version' => 233, 'requires' => array('FieldtypePageTableExtendedGrid'), 'permanent' => false, ); } public function ready() { $this->addHookAfter('Page::render', function($event) { $value = $event->return; // Return Content $style = "<style type='text/css'>". $this->pages->get((int) wire('input')->get('id'))->style ."</style>"; // Add Style inside bottom head $event->return = str_replace("</head>", "\n\t$style</head>", $value); // Return All Changes }); } } whats wrong here?
    • By Sten
      Hello
      Till now I hacked something with the twig template but it works no more with new PW versions so I look forward to create a module. I am working on a site in multiple languages : French, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Russian. The new posts are entered in any language with a field for language. Till now, I got twig files to get the translations with constants defined for each part of the pages.
      So I'd like to create a module to include theses files added according to the url /fr/en/...
      Have you some observations to do before I begin about the direction to take ?
      Thank you
    • By Peter Knight
      Hi guys
      is there a checklist of items I should consider for diagnosing a series of pages which display a 404 error?
      Basically I have built a Blog and all my posts are under a folder called 'Posts'. Some of these pages successfully display while others display a 404 page. 
      This is what I have confirmed so far...
      1. All pages are within the same root folder 'Posts'
      2. All pages have the same template and fields completed
      3. All pages have the same properties under Settings > Who can access this page
      4. Pages have no redirects in place
      5. Pages have no special characters or anything funky in the URL slug
      There are no errors showing in the log either so I am stuck 😕
      Thanks
    • By gebeer
      Hello all,
      wasn't sure where to put this, so it goes in General section.
      Ryan shows a hook that we can use to mirror files on demand from live server to development environment to be up to date with the files on the server without having to download complete site/assets/files folder.
      I just implemented this but had problems getting files to load from a site in development that is secured with user/password via htaccess.
      First I tried to use WireHttp setHeader method for basic authentication like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $http = new WireHttp(); // basic authentication $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $http->setHeader('Authorization: Basic', base64_encode("$u:$pw")); $http->download($url, $file); } } But, unfortunately this didn't work.
      So now I am using curl to do the download. My hook function now looks like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $fp = fopen($file, 'w+'); // init file pointer $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 50); // crazy high timeout just in case there are very large files curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "$u:$pw"); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_BASIC); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp); // give curl the file pointer so that it can write to it curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true); $data = curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); } } Now I can load files and images from the htaccess protected development server 🙂
      If anyone knows how to get this to work with WireHttp, please let me know. Thank you.