ridgedale

PW3 - User Restricted Navigation

Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.

I was wondering if there is a way to restrict user navigation to specific pages.

Login (home.php - not to be displayed)
    |__  About (not to be displayed)
    |__  Clubs (not to be displayed)
    |            |__ Club (to be displayed)
    |                       |__  Club Members (to be displayed)
    |__ League (not to be displayed)
    |            |__Season (not to be displayed)
    |                       |__  Match (not to be displayed)
    |__  News (blog.php -  to be displayed)
    |
etc, etc

Based on the above the navigation needs to appear simply as:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Club    Club Members    News    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts appreciated.

2 hours ago, ridgedale said:

I was wondering if there is a way to restrict user navigation to specific pages.

2 hours ago, ridgedale said:

Based on the above the navigation needs to appear simply as:

You mean display on the frontend? Check if the page is viewable for that user. The page would need to be access-controlled

// in a loop for menu items...
if(!$page->viewable()) continue;

• Like 1

@kongondo ,

Thank you for your reply. Yes that's correct, to be displayed on the frontend. When I have tested hiding the Login (home) page PW3 appeared to ignore the setting change for page and does not appear possible to remove the view attribute for the login/register role.

I've managed to achieve what I need by creating static navigation using the Uikit framework. It would be useful to be able to control this from within PW3, though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I have not really had to make a site from the ground up in quite a bit as I have been mainly focused on internal apps using processwire. However, I have now been tasked with creating a site and I was quite excited. I started down the path of using bulma as it seemed like a good fit. I got the whole site coded statically and was not moving on to porting it over to processwire. I pretty much have the the whole site figured out save for tackling the navbar. My current navbar is set up as so:
      <section id="nav"> <nav class="navbar" role="navigation" aria-label="main navigation"> <div class="navbar-brand"> <a class="navbar-item is-size-3 has-text-primary" href="#">Logo goes here</a> <a role="button" class="navbar-burger burger" aria-label="menu" aria-expanded="false" data-target="navbarBasicExample"> <span aria-hidden="true"></span> <span aria-hidden="true"></span> <span aria-hidden="true"></span> </a> </div> <div id="navbarBasicExample" class="navbar-menu"> <div class="navbar-end"> <a class="navbar-item">Home</a> <div class="navbar-item has-dropdown is-hoverable"> <a class="navbar-link">Services</a> <div class="navbar-dropdown"> <a class="navbar-item">Subpage</a> <a class="navbar-item">Subpage</a> <a class="navbar-item">Subpage</a> <a class="navbar-item">Subpage</a> </div> </div> <a class="navbar-item">Gallery</a> <a class="navbar-item">Contact Us</a> </div> </div> </nav> </section> I guess my question is how would you go about setting this up in processwire? All pages will obviously be subpages of Home with the following structure
      Home
      --Services
      ----Subpage
      ----Subpage
      ----Subpage
      ----Subpage
      --Gallery
      --Contact Us

• By muzzer
      Existing PW site version 2.7.2 core running on php7.1. Site is perhaps 7 yrs old and never misses a beat. Can't speak highly enough about this solid version, but....
      As new php versions are released (v8 in the next year I think?) and each seems to get quicker I'm looking at upgrading to php7.3 or 7.4 and upgrading the site to PW v3.x.
      I've been away from the forums since v3 was released so don't know much about it. I guess it's stable as it's been around for ages now, but what I'm wondering is:
      what are the real advantages of upgrading to v3 for a site which is actively used but with only periodic development. And what are the disadvantages if any? Is there any speed impact (good or bad) in either general site speed under 3.x or admin-use speed/ease of use? any issues with either PW version with newer php versions (>7.1) I should know about? is there any good write-ups/vids about new features etc of v3 compared to v2.7? Thank you

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?
    • By anderson
      Hi,
      Please take a look at this:
      https://templatemag.com/demo/Good/
      The upper nav bar, including dropdowns like "pages" and "portfolios", what do you call this whole thing? At first I guess it's called "dropdown nav bar", but seems not.
      AND of course, what's the simplest way/module to achieve this in PW?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      Despite my searches of the forum I'm somewhat confused about how to create new child pages on the frontend when a user clicks on a button on the parent page. I also have an equivalent button that is intended for uploading a .csv file to automatically create multiple new pages. This basically relates to a club (parent) and members (child) template configuration. Hopefully this explanation makes sense.
      A button should be able to launch the code needed to initiate the script required to create a new page using something like:
      <a href="/path/page.php">New +</a> <a href="/path/page.php">New ++</a> Does the code to create the new page or new pages need to be run from the template file for the child or the parent?
      A new individual member page will need to be editable manually at the point of page creation as well as subsequently, whereas multiple new pages will need to be editable after they have created and populated with data, again, as well as subsequently.
      I would very grateful for any advice or pointers as to how to achieve this.