netcarver

Released: Street Address Fieldtype + Inputfield

@thlinna I have not tried this in FormBuilder yet, though I have tested it in a Repeater Matrix setup. I also know it is not yet compatible with being placed in the User template and accessed by a user from the Profile editor - though when editing the user page from the normal page editor, it works just fine. 

@adrian Thanks for the script example!

@netcarver Ok! If someone with more experience with PW and FB could test the compatibility that would be really nice. I was not able to get it working as I would have expected, but I am not in position to evaluate if the problem is between the chair and the keyboard or could it be a bug.

I think current incompatibility is more likely than a PEBCAK issue. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have my doubts it will work with FB - I know I had quite a few issues getting my Phone field working. I think in general multivalue fields need some tweaking to work. I eventually got Phone almost totally supported though.

• Like 1

@thlinna it's definitely a compatability issue. I will need to research how to get this working with FB. Could take a while.

In the meantime, version 1.0.5 is out.

2 minutes ago, netcarver said:

@thlinna it's definitely a compatability issue. I will need to research how to get this working with FB. Could take a while.

In the meantime, version 1.0.5 is out.

Might save you a little time by taking a look at my changes for the phone field here: https://github.com/adrianbj/FieldtypePhone/commit/bc87e50341f62da6b75de9c79e4ac4574517e49a

I think there might be some more changes above, but that's the start of them.

• Like 1

On the to-do list for the next version, is localisation of the input and output country names in the country select list (again thanks to @matjazp). To do this, I plan to release a module that I wrote for a different project back in 2014, but never got around to publishing: LibLocalisation. (It needs a little tidy-up first, as PW has progressed a long way since I first wrote it.) This module allows simple localisation of country names, language names and currencies. The Street Address module will leverage this, if it happens to be installed, to display the select list of countries in the language being used by the user's browser - and to localise the destination country name into the language(s) used in the origin country as this is the language that postal workers in the source country will be used to. There will be extra config options to control this.

Following that, I plan to work on @thlinna's request to make this work with FormBuilder.

Update:

• Like 4