zota

Inputfield dependencies - documentation is up to date?

21 minutes ago, zota said:

but the text talks like an ongoing work. So: we now have more on inputfield dependencies or the text is up to date?

What makes you think that this is an ongoing work?

I have used the techniques outlined in that post in many occasions and it works fine, be it in the admin or even on the frontend with forms built by API.

EDIT:

Field dependencies must be supported by the admin theme. As a result, field dependencies may not work in admin themes other than the default one included with ProcessWire.

As long as your using the default admin theme you should be fine

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DxJR
      So is there anyway to get Inputfield Dependencies to work with front-end editing? the field is there, but it isn't showing the results I need based on the field selection it's dependent on. 
    • By DxJR
      So, I've tried looking through here and Can't seem to find it. I'm trying to create a situation in the admin where:

I have a page reference InputField. When the user chooses one of those pages, from the dropdown, a new Page reference drop down pops up with that pages children in it. I know how to do the "show only if..." thing, but How did I make it dynamically pull in a pages children? Thanks
    • By M.O.Z.G
      Hello,
      I want to know, is there any chance to render only visible fields based on their Dependencies?
      For example, I have many fields in template with conditional logic. But all their values stored in DB, and render in loop with $page->$fields.
      I could duplicate logic in PHP, but It's seems very inefficient. I couldn't find any API command for such task. Something like flag "isShown". More over, there isn't such flags when I printed array.
      I just can't find it, or this data keeps somewhere outside? Or is there some other ability to achieve this?
      Thanks for any advise in advance.
    • By Marco Angeli
      Hi there processwire people,
      this may sound obvious to most of you but not for me : )
      I'm dealing with a booking form for a trip site.
      I want the user to choose destination first (a select: let's say Venice, Rome and Hamburg);
      Based on her choice, there will be days available (23 of august, 27 of september)
      Based on the day, another select will show available times (e.g. 9.30, 15.30 and so on)
      What should I do? Custom php or Form Builder? (I would prefer the latter...), and most of all: how to build a system like that?
      Thanks!
    • By a-ok
      Hi folks,
      As the topic suggests... is there a way to add a parent_id to the dependency field? I managed to find this in the forums https://processwire.com/talk/topic/4323-field-dependencies/?p=56858 which seems to state that @ryan didn't understand why this didn't work. I need to show a field only if the parent_id=1032.
      Any thoughts?