[SOLVED] Using composer to create processwire development branch installation

godmok

Hi everyone,

I can't get my head around this, so maybe someone can help: I want to know how install the dev branch of processwire with composer.

I use laragon and the "quick create" function and there you can run composer like this: "composer create-project processwire/processwire %s". OK, this is working, so I will get the master branch from it, but how about dev? I found some examples for laravel on this question, but no luck with it. Here some examples:

• composer create-project processwire/processwire %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev
  • composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s
  • composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s --stability=dev
  • composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev
  • composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev-master %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev
  • composer create-project processwire/processwire:dev-branch %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev
  • composer create-project processwire/processwire:@dev %s --prefer-dist --stability=dev
  • and so on...

Maybe someone got this already and would like to share? :)

• Like 1

Did you try

composer create-project processwire/processwire dev-dev --stability=dev

?

Seems like the latest dev version is called "dev-dev". The download worked, but I didn't install it. Where is the PW version number usually mentioned ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• godmok changed the title to [SOLVED] Using composer to create processwire development branch installation
  • 1 year later...