Image upload problem

Brent

Hope anyone can help me out, searched the forum for similar problems but....

Uploading an image results in an error (unable to move the uploaded file .... ), safe_mode is off, upload_tmp_dir is set in the php.ini

If I open up the related folder the files are uploaded and in de page folder, but have only read/write access for the user (rw-------).

Anyone?

There should be a setting in the /site/config.php file where you can change file permissions if that's stopping it working?

The default is:

$config->chmodFile = "0666";

On some hosting you may need to change that to 0777, and on other hosting it can be because of other reasons. I think in older copies of PW that line was even commmented out, but that could just be my bad memory making things up.

Tried it already .... no success. Thing is after installation of PW and filling up the site halfway it worked, (till yesterday) so i guess it could be on the providers side... but what could have caused it.

I'd be suspicious of things stopping working like that.

have you installed any modules or was it simply a case of working when you left it yesterday and suddenly not today? If it's the latter, I'd suggest contacting the host and asking them.

Pete, didn't make any change..... but if the file is moved why are the privileges not changed to the in the config given settings. Is there anyway to drill down into this problem? If PW isn't able to change privileges does it cry out in debug mode? (And yes i'am new to PW, but with 3 sites delivered very happy, as my clients)

Is it possible that your web host moved your files from one place to another (perhaps forgetting to retain the permissions?). It could also be possible that they've got some script going through and changing permissions on you (I've seen this at Media Temple once).

Also want to mention that the permissions you indicated (rw for user only) will only work if PHP is running as a CGI or PHPsuexec. Those permissions simply won't work on a lot of web accounts because Apache (often running as Nobody) needs to be able to write to the directory.