JSON POST woes

dragan

I'm puzzled by something I thought would be rather easy:

I want to send a request to a PW page. It's POST, and I define a header, and send data as JSON.

I need to send data in the following format:

$ POST https://mysite.com/foo/bar/ {"headers": {"Authorization": "Bearer API_KEY", "Content-Type": "application/json"}, "body": {"fields": {"Name": "<get name>", "Department": "<get team>", "Home Address": "<get address>", "Phone #": "<get phone>", "Personal Email Address": "<get email>", "Birthday": "<get birthday>", "Date Added": "<call>currentDate</call>" }}}

This is supposed to be sent via a Chatbot engine (Dexter).

In the PW page that should handle this, $_POST is always empty, as is $_REQUEST. Same for PW's $input or if ($config->ajax) {}.

I get the header, but no data.

So I dug deeper, and tried this:
@ini_set("allow_url_fopen", true);
@ini_set("always_populate_raw_post_data", true);

$data = json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'), true);
$d    = print_r($data, true); // I store this, along with the header infos and timestamp in a PW page-field (instead of using file_put_content)

I checked page permissions, I made sure I use pagename/, i.e. with trailing slash only, to avoid stripping the header away due to redirects (which somebody in an older forum thread once highly suggested).

I tried to send the same stuff that the chatbot does via CURL. Nothing. PW error logs don't report anything (site is still in dev-mode).

PW 3.0.81 - everything else runs just fine.

Any ideas what I should change? Any more PHP/Apache settings maybe?

Help is highly appreciated.

The Authorization Header is eaten up by Apache in some configurations,
for avoiding that is recommended that you send another header like

X-Auth-Token

with the same info

"Authorization": "Bearer API_KEY"
"X-Auth-Token": "Bearer API_KEY"

Then you just check if the auth is empty then fetch the other header as a fallback.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 1