cosmicsafari

Page Selector prepopulated with an Unpublished Page

Hi all,

From my attempts it seems like this is not possible but thought I would raise it here before scrapping the idea and trying something else.

I have an importer script reading a third party feed and creating some pages (page_type_A) based on that.

It also creates some other pages (page_type_B) which are by default set to unpublished as the third party don't seem to have control over some of the data they send us, so we set them to unpublished so that someone on our end needs to approve them, so far so good.

The issue I have encountered is that page_type_A at creation uses the API to set one of its fields to a particular page_type_B, the field is setup as PageSelector. When I look at the database this seems to work fine, but if you go into page_type_A the Page Selector list is always preset to blank?

I updated the Page Selector and set the Selector String to use "include=all" which does populate the drop down with all the correct pages but since there all unpublished it never seems to be preselected to the one which is actually saved as in the DB.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Huzzah!

Managed to figure it out.

For anybody else with this issue, there is a setting for the Page Selection fieldtype to allow UnPublished page at the bottom of the Details tab.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JeevanisM
      HI,
      The scenario is,  I manage a magazine website, I have an article to publish, but before making it public available, I have to show the preview to my Editor and get approval. What I have done is, I created the page, filled the contents then put it as a Unpublished status. I as admin can see the preview of the page but when I send this page link to the editor ( he has no admin access, he should not because the person may vary with each articles ) , the editor cannot view the preview of Unpublished page. Is there any workaround on this ?  Is it possible to make this preview page watchable with a direct link ?

thanks
    • By Robin S
      Lister Selector
      A Process module that uses Lister/ListerPro, but with a selector string input instead of the normal InputfieldSelector filters.
      Features
      For power users, typing a selector string is often faster and more intuitive than fiddling with InputfieldSelector. It also lets you copy/paste selector strings that you might be using somewhere else in your code.
      Allows the Lister rows to be sorted by multiple fields (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)
      Allows the use of OR-groups (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)
      If ListerPro is installed you can run ListerPro actions on the listed pages - the available actions are defined in the module config.
      Bookmarks can be configured in the module config and accessed via the flyout menu for the module page.
      Usage
      Type your selector string on the Selector tab. The selector is applied when the "Selector string" field is blurred, so hit Tab when you have finished typing your selector.
      Unlike Lister/ListerPro, you can't sort results by clicking the column headings. Control the sort within the selector string instead.
      Superusers can jump to the module config (e.g. to create a bookmark) by clicking the cog icon at the top right of the module interface.
      The module is mostly intended for use by superusers, because in most cases site editors won't understand the ProcessWire selector string syntax. If you want another role to be able to access Lister Selector then give the role the "lister-selector" permission. Only superusers can define bookmarks because in ProcessWire module config screens are only accessible to superusers.
      Screenshots
      Process page

Module config (when ListerPro is installed)

Advanced
      If for any reason you want to create dynamic bookmark links to Lister Selector for a given selector you can do that like this:
      /** @var $pls ProcessListerSelector */ $pls = $modules->get('ProcessListerSelector'); $selector = "template=foo, title%=bar"; $pls_link = $pls->getProcessPage()->url . '?bm=' . $pls->urlSafeBase64Encode($selector); echo "<a href='$pls_link'>My link</a>";  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/ProcessListerSelector
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-lister-selector/
    • By snck
      Hey there,
      for a client website I need to implement a "reviewer" role. "Reviewers" should be able to review new (unpublished) articles to give feedback to editors, but not have the permission to change them. 
      I built a new "reviewer" role that only has page-view permissions for the respective templates, but this permission does not include viewing unpublished pages. How can I grant them access to the unpublished articles without giving them page-edit permission?
      Cheers,
      Flo
    • By ottogal
      Hello all,
      using PW 3.0.148 with the regular site profile for a blog, I got an an empty pagination output when I had a Toggle field in the selector.
      The Toggle Fieldtype was introduced with https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.139/ .
      The selector resulting in empty pagination:
      $posts = $pages->find("parent=blog, sort=-date, limit=10, toggle_field=0"); It worked well, when I replaced the Toggle field with a Checkbox field:
      $posts = $pages->find("parent=blog, sort=-date, limit=10, checkbox_field=0"); So the prerequisites for the pagination to work are given.
      The settings for the Toggle field were:
      Formatted value: Integer Label Type: Yes/No Input Type: Toggle buttons Default selected option: No Thanks for any hints!
    • By snck
      Hi there,
      I have a problem constructing a selector that finds all pages that refer to pages with a specific template.
      I have pages using an event template and I want to show events based on a specific context. In this example I want to filter the results and only show event pages that relate to a specific template (exhibitions) in their page field related_pages.
      What I tried:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages.template.name=exhibition"); Unfortunately it does not work (0 results).
      Same with this:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages=[template.name=exhibition]"); At the moment I am helping myself with the following lines, but I have a strong feeling that there is a more efficient solution:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event"); foreach($events as $event){ if(!count($event->related_pages->find("template=exhibition"))){ $events->remove($event); } }  
      I really hope that one of you can help me out.
      Thanks in advance!
      Flo